VBAC Vs Repeat C-section

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Okay so I was wondering has anyone out there had a vbac that was close to 18 months apart? I had a c section with my 1st but my Dr told me Friday that since it will be 18months since my c section that I could try and have this was one vaginally. I want so bad to have it this way because I had such an awful time with the section..at the same time I'm scared I know the risks and she went over them with me of course but was just wondering if anyone had any experience with one..also the way I look at it if she thought it was to dangerous she wouldn't even let me try..I just need some advice

Comments

• I don't have any experience with this personally, but i agree that she wouldn't let you try if she didn't think you would be ok. A LOT of drs wont allow women to go vbac no matter how long its been since the first section. My friend tried, dr said no. She had four sections all together, still says she wishes she'd fought harder for the vback. And if anything does go wrong, you'll be in the hospital surrounded by competent surgeons that can take care of you and baby. Good luck!
  • edited March 2011
  • Thank you so much got your thoughts they are appreciated @4senough
  • I had an emergency c-section 18mos ago. I am due on my youngest 2nd birthday. I am hoping for a VBAC, I still have tenderness from the incision. The only reason I would even consider another c-section is it'll be easier to get my tubes tied, but man, that pain is pretty intense.
  • Omg yes it was awful...I feel like I cant go through that again and I really want to be able to have my husband cut the cord and all that..he says he if terrified of the whole thing due to complications though.& Congrats on your little one when are you due? @MrsDelRae
  • Omg yes it was awful...I feel like I cant go through that again and I really want to be able to have my husband cut the cord and all that..he says he if terrified of the whole thing due to complications though.& Congrats on your little one when are you due? @MrsDelRae
  • Sry about the double comment my phone isn't cooperating this am lol
  • A lot more obs r letting women have a vbac now which is good cuz its less pain for mom from the incision site. And if places don't offer a vbac u can find a place to facilitate ur wishes. Good to know ur OB is pro vbac. Gl mama and ur Dr wouldn't put u in harms way if she knew it would be bad for u.
  • I am due August 26th with a boy, I have 4 daughters. I have had a ton of health problems since the very end of my last pregnancy, so I'm high risk (all my pregnancies have been high risk, but the last was the worst) so I am crossing my fingers I can have a VBAC, but it all boils down to what's the safest for the baby&I when it is time. I have you in my thoughts, I wish you have a safe delivery!