Question about m/c's

I've been wanting to know if its possible to m/c without experiencing any cramping or bleeding? From what I've read here that seems to be what normally happens. The reason I ask is because I had a m/c some years ago. I was young and it happened so fast. I don't recall having any bleeding or cramping. I went in for an u/s to see how far along I was and there was no heartbeat, 2days later I had a dnc, and that was it. I remember the nurse asking me twice if I had any spotting or cramping and I told her no. When I think back on the whole experience now its a blur. Its possible I could have missed the signs. Between work, school, and partying I could have just assumed it was my period, popped a pamprin, and forgot about it.

I'm 11wks now. My bf and I want this baby so bad. I'm constantly looking for signs that something may be wrong. I even worry when I'm NOT as sick as usual. The only comfort I have is in knowing that there hasn't been any severe cramping or bleeding but in the back of my mind I keep remembering that I didn't have any last time either. I still have to wait another 1 1/2 weeks for my 12wk u/s and I get more nervous everyday. Thats exactly how far along I was last time.

Comments

• It is called a missed miscarriage and yes it happens. I had one last year. I was supposed to be 11 weeks, only grew until 7 weeks and had no heartbeat. A good way to check yourself is buy a fetal heart Doppler. I got mine from amazon.com for $130 it works amazing! Another way is, check your temp. Anything over 100 is considered too high for a pregnant woman and you are supposed to get checked out. I wouldn't worry about the morning sickness because some people (like me) have never had it and have completely healthy pregnancies. Good luck hun and congrats!! P.s. DON'T STRESS!! :D
  • @kayleesmommy what temp. Is normal for a preg women? Like what's it suppose to be around
  • I've been thinking about buying one of those for a few days now. I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and rent one. At my last appointment the doppler didn't pick up a heartbeat. The nurse tried to tell me that is was still to early and my hormones levels were progressing and where they should be for how far a long I was. This didn't help. I think the dopplers the only way ill get piece of mind.
  • I also had a missed miscarriage last year I never had cramps or spotting. It was really hard because I felt fine and thought everything was going great only to go in to the dr and they told me my worse nightmare. Don't worry too much there's not much we can do but leave it in gods hands. I have a dr's appt tomorrow and I'm praying all goes well. Good luck to you, god bless you.
  • I rented one and it's taking forever to get to my house!! It will be here tmrw! I am 12w6d today and go for my next check up on Wed.
  • @mommys1bundle. I believe it was a year ago wen me n mi bf thought I was pregnant didnt dnt gt a period or n e thing. It was like almost two months later. I wnt to the bathrm an thier was alot uf blood(unsual color) we believe it was a m/c. Now a year later im pregnant. I sumtime wonder about mi baby n make sure shes okay bt i always think bak. I had been havin cramps like as if mi period was cumin n mi doctor tld me that those early contractions. N sumtime the baby cud b sitin on ur uterus fa the discomfort pain. Bt I wish the best luk fa u try to gt me posted.
  • @cali83 I felt the same way in the beginning. I just kept telling myself it this doesn't work out we'll just try again, but now so many people know. I wanted to wait to tell but my bf was so excited he pretty much yelled it from a mountain top. Our Moms are already planning about the baby shower. Talk about pressure. Best of luck to you as well.

@lilpeapod913 I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas everytime I order something. I think I'm going to try craigslist. That way I can pick it up the same day. I'm also going to see if any medical supply stores in my area rent them. If none of those work ill probably have to express it cause the suspense will kill me. Good luck with yours. I hope you hear a strong heartbeat tomorrow. Let's us know how it goes.
  • @lashae I get those cramps too. My doctor also said they're normal as long as they don't get to severe. I noticed you said she. Have you found out the sex already? I really want a girl too. Everytime I say that my bf corrects me and say "No. We want a healthy baby", but that's cause he wants a boy. Lol. Can't to get that far along. Hell...I can't wait wait to get past the first trimester. That'll give me a little piece of mind.

Ok ladies! I just ordered my doppler. The website had a coupon code so I went ahead and splurged on overnight shipping. I should have it by Tuesday. Craigslist aslo had some gently used ones for very good prices but they were all at least an hour away or so away. I figured by the time I wasted the gas it would come out about the same. I rented it from belly beats.com With the coupon it'll be $20 a month.
  • I'm so glad yu posted this. I've been trying to look for a place to sent one!! Yu made my day lol. I just rented mine! (;
  • @mommys1stbundle I got my doppler today! I kept checking the tracking number and as soon as it said delivered, I excused myself from work and came home to try it! Luckily, I have a flexible job and I can do that.. anyways, it was great! Strong heartbeat :) I recorded it on my phone and sent it to bf, both grandmas, Auntie, and both grandpas. They loved it! Have fun!
  • @lilpeapod913 Congrats!! Thats such a great relief for you. Was it hard to find? Ive been reading reviews on dopplers in general and they all say that you have to be patient.
  • It took a min to find it but now I know the general area so I'm thinking it should be easier the next time. I keep listening to the recording, music to my ears :) I can't wait for my bundle of joy to look up at me and smile!
  • @mommys1bundle. Yea im almost 23wks im havin a lil gurl. I wnted a boy bt ill love her the same. My bf wud always say its a boy bt wen I got the sono she was suckin her finger. I have a lil cousin who two yrs old n frm day one of mi pergancy he wud always follow me like ever where, he wud cry fa me bt be fa he didnt like me as much lol.... Thats wat kinda made me think it waz a gurl. How many months r u. I found out wen I waz like 3 1/2.