oops! scratched too much

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I just started to get itchy tummy and couple stretch marks, they have been so itchy I have given them a good itch now there red and swollen and sting but I'm still scratching arghhh some one cut my hands off lol anyone done or feel same

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I have in the past. Just try to keep ur belly moisturized lol
  • I'm not at that point yet but try putting ice or something to sooth the itching and get a good lotion the more you scratch the worse the scars will be
  • It happens but dont scratch them, get some good lotion and rub them with that,,u dont want to break the skin and it get infected
  • I have tried coco butter, bio oil and e45 nothing helping much. I'll just keep lotioning up :) and try keep claws away Thanks
  • Vit e oil, maybe? Cocoa butter made my mom itch more. The vit e oil had me itch free all day.

Maybe pure lanolin?
  • Try aveeno it works wonders for itching and moisturizing
  • Can I get these over the counter? & thanks
  • Palmers cocoa butter massage lotion for stretch marks helps a lot. Even on this insane sun burn I got today ugh
  • I bought johnsons body care.. deep hydrating extra drt skin lotion with a touch of oil to help relieve dry thirsty skin in one application. Its with the lotions in the cosmetic section in walmart. Its a light tan bottle.. works great when I use it and that touch of oil helps a ton!
  • And its only a few bucks!
  • I found mine at CVS, sure you can get it most anywhere.

I thought the Palmer massage lotion for stretch marks dried me out more. Like it had too much alcohol in it. I still like the tummy butter, I put it on top of the vit e oil. The vit e oil is working better than the Palmers cocoa butter oil.
  • I'll have to give one ago but is there much point if got 5 days till my due date obviously I will still cream for my stretchmarks but was not sure if it was worth it for itchyness :/ hmmm...