not baby related...but

edited March 2011 in Just for Fun
Sorry this isn't baby or pregnancy related but I wanted to give it a shot: Me and my fiancee found a house that meets all of the things we want/need BUT the walls are that hideous paneling that looks like fake wood, its through the whole house. Were going to see about painting it but I'm only 19 and none of my friends are into the interior decorating but does anyone have any ideas on "distracting" from the walls?

Comments

• Yes paint and go with nuetral light colors
  • Maybe hang painting and pictures up?
  • Well, painting isn't all that hard, if you take it easy and keep it ventilated, you could do it yourself one room at a time. We used window treatments, hung curtains on the walls, large pictures. Keep the furniture away from the walls if its big enough. Eye catching rugs work well, too.
  • @jess510 I'm hoping they let us paint, Idk who created this kind of wall. But it was an awful idea.,lol
    @andrea1stbaby thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to think of how I can cover large area because its a 3 br 2 bath. And its all this material.
  • @4senough the rug idea is an awesome idea. I'm hoping they let us paint, because we could do it before we move in. But really trying to get back up plan. Since the walls are the wood which is kind of dark, the carpet is a deep red. So I'm thinking with the right colors we can make it work, probably some bright blinds and pillows in the couch
  • You can make your curtain rods wider than your windows, cover extra wall with curtains. Make sure to hang em high, draws eye to center of room. Pillows and rug don't have to match, use texture, different fabrics, experiment. We change our house about every 3 months just by re arranging furniture and using different accent pieces.
  • No prob.