My biggest pet peeves, what are yours?

edited March 2011 in Just for Fun
Somebody posted about people touching your belly while pregnant. It happens to be my biggest pet peeve while pregnant.

After giving birth my new top pet peeve is when you're at the grocery store, mall etc & strangers come up to my cart or stroller & touch my baby, especially on the face. I want to scream when they do this. I turn into a mommy monster & tell the person very sternly not to touch my child. It's gross & unsanitary. & how about the people who ask to hold your baby? I don't know you, why the hell do you need to hold my child? Also I know I don't look 27 but it's extremely rude to tell a woman she's too young to have a child. I'm constantly mistaken for a teenager & I'm sick of people asking me why I'm not at school when I'm shopping somewhere in the morning hours. That's when I become a smartass & tell them I have 7 other kids at home that I have to get back to before somebody realizes their home alone!!

Another pet peeve, overly trusting people. I worked at Walmart years ago & I was washing my hands & this lady came in w/ a newborn & asked if I would hold her while she used the bathroom... I was like ummm ok.... who seriously does that? I could've easily ran out the door if I was a crazy person.

Comments

• Hahahahaa!! Sorry but its all soo true!
    This is my first and only show a lil but wen people come and are like awww ur startin to show! Umm yah I kno there's no need to touch I jus look like a fatass lol or wen my bf jokingly say oh what cuz u think ur pregnant I should that... oohh I jus wanna slap him on the face!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Those are just my top pregnancy/child related pet peeves. I have a long list. A few of them are:

Fast blinking turn signals, the sound they make, makes me cringe

Ignorant people, my hubby is not my daughter's dad which is easy to see because he's black & she's white. We were at the mall & these black teenagers heard my daughter calling for her daddy & they had the nerve to say to her little girl you must be crazy cuz that man is not your daddy, he's black. She was 3 at the time?? WTF is wrong w/ people

I know there are ladies on the forum who have or are expecting multiples but this drives me crazy!! When someone has multiples & only refers to them as the twins or the triplets. I have a friend w/ twins & in the 4 years since she's had them she's never introduced them to people by their names, it drives me crazy. How hard is it to say these are my son's Blake & Ben.
  • @gatorbob, That is nasty. I would hate to be in that position because I wouldn't know how to handle myself. I would probably lose my job lol.
  • @StarKrayzie Omg I understand exactly where you're coming from. People at my job does that to me all the time. its actually a form of sexual harrassement at my work place. I understand that people are excited or some women may even wish it was them who was carrying a baby but touching you especially not knowing you and in public at that, I can definitely understand
  • 1. Rubbing my belly. I'm not Buddha, rubbing my tummy is not going to bring you posterity, more like a slap.
    2. "Are they twins?" Yes, its kind of obvious my boys are twins, they look just alike and are the same height. Then... "Are you sure?" I DID give birth to them. I don't know any other siblings 7 mins apart that aren't. (really has happened... Twice.)
    3. When people dress their entire family, including pets, in the same outfit for ordinary family outings. Pictures is understandable, a trip to walmart seems a bit extreme.
    P.S. I know a family that does that every.single.day.

:) jusss sayin'
  • #1 ppl that make noise while they eat.it actually makes me nauseous. I have to put my fingers in my ears normally but since I've been preg its way worse I wear ear plugs alot now bc my kids r always makin noise or ppl at dr chewing gum evn watching tv n ppl eatin on tv makes me sick.the chewing the sound of a bag crunching a spoon hitting the glass bowl over n over.my hubby slurps his coffee I have to leave the rm.I used to see a therapist n she said it was crazy I said I know but I can't help it.wish I could.I can't go to movie theatre bc of it.
    #2 germs. When ppl r coughing n sneezing in public n don't have tissues or cover there mouth.havin to touch carts,chairs,handles.I hate being preg n havin to pee in public restrms kills me. I carry Lysol spray,hand sanitizer,tissues n wipes evrywere.ppl think im crazy,watevr.
    #3 ppl that have kids that are out of control n they don't displine them.especially when ur somewhere in public and kids r crazy n the parent is on the phone.hellllllllo take care of ur kids.
    #4 ppl who talk on cell or txt while driving.uggggggh!!!!!!

@Maranda3 im the one who dresses us all the same,not exactly though just similar like same color group.only to family functions,weddings,picnics stuff I know I can get a pic of us all together.when my kids were little it was so easy my girls r 2yrs apart n ppl thought they were twins n ppl wouldn't believe me sometimes,lol.I did dress them alike alot when they were lil.now that my 3 r older now getting really hard to tell them wht to wear when we go out now.so I only have complete control over me my 17month old n soon to be new baby.
  • -Can't stand when anyone touches me at all *especially strangers when they try to just get my attention its like you don't need to touch me!
    -It really ticks me off when people stare for what seems forever and won't look away not even when I give them that what are u looking at look.
    -Messes up my day when I go out to eat and employees forget to put in an order and or mess up on it.
    -Dislike parents that see their kid(s) bumping into others, running wild and don't do anything.
    -Don't like people that purposely don't move after you even say "excuse me".
    -Hate hearing anyone snore, biting their nails, and chewing like a cow eww.
    -I've been on & off with the only & same guy since last summer so I find it to be very rude when people ask me who is the daddy!
    -Most of all I HATE closed-minded people that are racist and think they are better than others.
    @lucky7 lol ur not crazy I hate the chewing with mouth open omgsh one of the most irritating thing ever lol especially at the movies with the popcorn and we can't even say anything.
  • @elle_baby my hubby hates goin to movies wit me.last time we went was real bad ppl brang in a Walmart plastic bag filled wit bags that make more noise n chewed wit mouth open whole time.it was so bad I couldnt stop complaining to my hubby he was getting upset bc they could hear me n I had my middle finger in my ear to muffle there nasty sounds n then when movie started a mom n kid walked in n he sat 2seats away and ate the whole entire movie like a animal I stared at him more than the movie I haven't been back to a movie since n honestly don't think ill go back for a long time.im not a medicine taker but if there was something I could take to make me not get disgusted by it I would def take it
  • Omg i hate for ppl to rub my belly! Unless its my bf besides tht i feel weird
    2. I hate "o u might b having twins" no dumbass they were sure to check
    3. Are u pregnant? Like wtf do u think?
    4. Are u keeping it? Like wat would make someone ask me tht
    5. Wen ppl, especially my mother who is so guilty of this says omg ur stomach is so big, ur growing. First of all pregnant ppl grow. Second of all im 17 wks n barely look pregnant, im barely showing
    AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST. WEN SOMEONE TELLS ME I LOOK EITHER FAT OR PREGGO IN THE FACE AND THAT MY NOSE IS GETTING BIGGER. I JUS WANT TO RIP THEM APART WEN THEY SAY THT!!!!
  • @lucky7 Yeah like I don't get how it doesn't bug some people! I always have to constantly tell my fam to close their mouth and seconds later they continue. Its ridiculous. You should hear my dad chew omg u would have a heart attack lol. I deff agree with some meds that would help us! Just can't believe the therapist said it was crazy! Maybe she chewed loud lol.
  • I don't care who you are it's never acceptable to tell a pregnant woman how big she looks. I'm 18 weeks & not showing at all & so thankful but nobody knows we're expecting either so luckily I've dodged that bullet so far. & saying that you've gained it in the face in so insulting. We all own mirrors & I'm pretty sure we see exactly where the weight's going, we don't need reminders.

People who don't control their kids drive me CRAZY! I know so many people who have rude, disrespectful, rowdy kids because they aren't good parents to begin with. If I'm near you in public & I see your kid acting like a fool I will say something. Especially in a professional place, dr office, post office, dentist etc.

I hate when people stare. I get it a lot being a mixed couple. I don't know how many times we've gone places especially out to eat & I've sat there the entire time while somebody at another table stares at me. After about 20 minutes of constant staring I get up walk over to whoever it is & say Hi, I'm Tonya, I've noticed you've been staring at me so I thought you might like to know some things about me. I just got out of prison for allegedly murdering my grandma but in reality it was an accident, I really like chick flicks & I would greatly appreciate it if for the rest of the time I was here you could refrain from looking at me because I'd like to enjoy my food & my family without an audience. If you can't do that it'll be $10 for the show. I left Applebees after complaining to a manager because this couple was so rude. Making comments about my kids & racial comments toward my hubby.

People who are ignorant, closeminded, racist, rude, disrespectful, liars, two faced, fake, 1 uppers (always has to have a story that out does yours)

• @Lucky7 OHMYGOODNESS!!!!! I hate to be in the same house as my mom when she eats cereal! She smushes it around in the milk while she makes the most disgusting sounds with the bite she has and to top it off, if I leave the room I still can hear the spoon clanging on the bowl!
    The family I know who all dress alike (and I mean every day, seruously) have ALL of their and their dog and cats clothes specialty made for them. And when I say a like I don't mean coordinated. The only difference is the girl bottoms will be skirts or capris while the males will be pants or shorts.
    I can understand for pictures and other family events, that makes sense. I even wanted to coordinate my family for our vacation to disney would, but couldn't find anything.
  • @starkrayzie I was on the bus ( I live in nyc ) I was readin. I hear a bunch of teeth suckin and bck in my days. Me being the nosy person that I am, I looke up to see who they we're talkin bout. It was a group of old women staring at ME. Mind u I'm 23 but I do look 17: they hd the nerve to try n lecture me on morals and how hard it would be for me as a kid to raise my baby. One lady hd the nerve to tell me I was one of the reasons society was in decline!! I simply told them to mind their own fuckin business. Say
  • #1 people rubbing and touching my belly.. I mean how would you feel if I started rubbing on yours?
    #2 bad kids, drives me insane!! Like where are your parents??!
    #3 people staring at ny belly wide eyed and not saying anything.
    #4 loud chewing, drives me nuts, its really. not that hard to close your mouth really.
    #5 people telling me that they are gonna basically take ny child, the hello you are?! That makes me wanna fight!
    #6 no offense to plus size women but I've always been small, so people always say your so skinny, you need to gain weight, or tell me to eat. I've always been tempted to see how they would react if I told them the opposite.
  • I'm only 13 weeks and people touch my belly. I do have a pooch but I don't like it! It just looks like a gut! I also can't stand it how everyone feels the need to give unwanted advice! And it's not even great advice. Or when people assume I know nothing about what's going on with my body. A lot of pet peeves while I'm pregnant....lol
  • Lol I'm just barely starting to show. I've only had my mom, my hubby, and a friend of mine touch my belly so far. I invited them to touch it tho. That's gonna be awkward when a stranger touches my belly. I'm 19 and my husband is 39 so I'm wondering when we're going to get comments on that. We were at the grocery store and I was paying with WIC checks and the cashier looked from me to my husband and seemed kind of weirded out. I'm just like, "What? Do you have a problem that I like older guys?"
    I was grossed out by mouth sounds at the theatre before I got pregnant! It almost seems like you can smell their popcorn breath collecting in the air too. Ewww!
  • @elle_baby my hubby has wht I call echo head I can hear evrythin he eats.
    @Maranda3 I babysit 2 lil girls n they do same thing wit cereal.there only allowed to use plastic now,lol.I started dressing the kids in similar clothes when they were lil and we went out so I can pick them out easier. They r 2yrs apart n 13months apart so I had 1yr,2yr and 4yr old it was hard at parks.so I dressed them all wearing a red shirt so I can spot them luckier,lol.it worked and it kind of progressed from there.that family sounds a lil crazy.kids need there own identity.I wouldn't want to dress like everyone all the time even my dog,lol.
  • wow, this is my first and i wasnt aware ppl actually do stuff like that, so im 5 months now and starting to show and i notice ppl looking at my belly that doesnt bug me bc i can tell then im looking preggo. i like glancing at ppls babies but never ask to touch let alone hold( i mean i dont even stop i just look as we walk by and only been doing that since i found out i was having one!)! n never asked to touch a belly, not even my best friends i guess it never occured to me like what are yougoing to feel thats so great that youwould actually care about? but other peeves
    driving in the HOV lane when your alone and its rush hour and your not even driving fast enough! like get the hell out dumbass!
    when ppl see you washing your hands in the public bathroom then act like they are going to wash their hands too, but just rinse with water! it doenst do anything!
    i hate when ppl let their kids run wild anywhere but it seems really common in waiting rooms that their kids are coming up to you and idk what to do with them! i dont have any kids and dont really know how to act when they do that it just bugs the shit out of me they running around barefoot rolling all over the floors getting in ppls way and the parents dont even do ANYTHING!!!!
    hate when ppl give me that crazy look or dont approve when i tell them i want to stay home with my baby bc really my hubby n i dont make that much n id rather look after the baby myself then pay a daycare bc it seems like it takes all your making anyway so whats the point
  • Worst comments: are u sure there's not twins in there, ur bigger than so n so was at 2 mons farther along, if you smacked your daughter once in a while she would listen (she was 14 mons old), if something goes wrong at your home birth you'll never forgive yourself, you make me feel so skinny... I could write a book.
    Also, my husband is the loudest grosest eater ever, I often don't sit at the table. Not just prego, all the time!
    Also when someone else thinks your child is goin to infect their baby with some horrible disease or something by being anywhere close to them.
    People who assume I don't know what's going on in ky own body and what's best for me. Conversely, women who don't learn about what best for them and believe what the see on tv about birth and pregnancy.

Pregnant women who smoke cigarettes. I say something to them!
  • Worst comments: are u sure there's not twins in there, ur bigger than so n so was at 2 mons farther along, if you smacked your daughter once in a while she would listen (she was 14 mons old), if something goes wrong at your home birth you'll never forgive yourself, you make me feel so skinny... I could write a book.
    Also, my husband is the loudest grosest eater ever, I often don't sit at the table. Not just prego, all the time!
    Also when someone else thinks your child is goin to infect their baby with some horrible disease or something by being anywhere close to them.
    People who assume I don't know what's going on in ky own body and what's best for me. Conversely, women who don't learn about what best for them and believe what the see on tv about birth and pregnancy.

Pregnant women who smoke cigarettes. I say something to them!