Emotionaly confused :(

edited March 2011 in Teen moms
I'm happy that I'm having a baby with my boyfriend but at the same time I feel bad about being excited.. even wen his family touch my lil belly and say how excited they are I feel guilty to feel happy too. I don't kno what's wrong with me! I wanna truly be happy and excited without feeling embarrassed that I am.. I'm 19 and 14wks I haven't really told my family jus mom sis and a few close friends

Comments

• Cheer up!! I felt like that in the beginning. I was embarrassed to say I was pregnant now im more excited than ever.. Everything is going to fall in place for you trust me
  • A baby is a blessing hunni. Shout it from the rooftops. Dont feel bad.
  • Stop it! Why should you feel guilty? A baby is a miracle! If anything you should feel like your the ish! And don't feel so bad about not telling your fam, cause that's a sign your not ready to tell them. It will all work out in time. Smile!!
  • I feel very embrassed telling pple I'm prego w/ #2 only 19yrs old jus now graduated from HS in 2months. And when I do tell people they say something like "um" "Smh" "didn't you learn from the first time" Which is no help at all I already be depressed all the time always crying. My boyfriend don't kno what to do cus he's happy about the baby he want me to be happy too. He tries to make me happy but it dnt wrk. sometimes I be happy then comes the Mood swings.
  • @YungMommywt2 I was in the same boat. I was 15 when I got pregnant, 16 just 2mos before I gave birth. I had my 2nd right after my 19th birthday. My 3rd when I was 21.5. My 4th when I was almost 26. Having my 5th (&last) right before I'm 28. Age has no power over being a good parent or not. Hang in there!
  • I'm the same way. I had my boys when I was 16, out of wedlock, & then I was married for 8 years, & now that I'm divorced I'm pregnant again. It seems like I can't get preggo with a ring on my finger! I am embarassed to tell a lot of people, & sometimes it feels like I'm the condemned teen mom again & I have to remind myself that its not like that. Everyone is happy for me & no one is judging me. That's what I have to tell myself everyday. It will get better hun! Soon there will be more good days than bad. :)
  • Thank you! Yu made me feel so much better. Your doing it with 5@ 28. I kno I can do it with 2 @ 20. Good luck!