PLEASE HELP ...temperature ????;

I'm not sure I understand the concept of taking ur temperature n what it does .. just for the hell of it I took mine last nite it was 97.8 and I took it around 1030 am this morning n it was 96.8 ??????

Comments

• Depending on the time of day you take it it will change. Girls have lower body temp than boys naturally so don't be worried. The best time to take your temp is in the morning when you first wake up BEFORE you eat or drink or get out of bed.
    even one drink of cool (not cold) water 10 mins before will drastically change your temperature.

Are you ttc?
  • @ashes so is it to determine the sex of ur baby ??? Or??? Well I'm thinking I'm prego now I'm having a lot of symptoms n if I am I'm 6w2d today . I'm going to get a test today so I can do it in the am n find out . I just wasn't sure why ppl where taking there temps ??? Sorry its silly question lol
  • Some people say they have a slightly higher temp when they become pregnant but you need to take your temp at the same time everyday for a month to see if you do or not for sure. You would definitely be able to tell you are pregnant by now even if the test was not taken in the morning. I was only ever 3 days late with mine and took them in the afternoon/evening. Clearblue digital is the best because you read words and not lines. Hope you get your BFP!! :)
  • @kayleesmommy ok ya the first test I did was clear blue n it gave me a neg reading I was suppose to get af on a Monday n leave on Friday n it never came so I tested on that Friday ....it was Feb 21 I was suppose to get it !! Is it to early from my last af to now it says I'm 6w 2d but its only been 3 weeks since my missed af ????
  • Wow I cant say that again lol
  • Lol well by now you should have FOR SURE results hun. You could have ovulated late that's what gave you your negative. I did with my current little girl (second baby, second girl lol) I took a test on friday, and I was late by a week and got a negative and tested again Wednesday of the following week and got my BFP! I was only considered 4 weeks 3 days at that time so I was said to be 3 days late. My periods became irregular after a missed miscarriage last year so it was hard to tell how late I actually was until I got my ultrasound. I hope you get your BFP!!! But you shouldn't have to wait until morning just don't drink a ton before you test. :) good luck and let me know!
  • Oh and you would be 6 weeks because they go by the first day of your last period. So the day of your missed period you are considered 4 weeks pregnant. :)
  • @kayleesmommy well I got another neg reading I'm so bummed n just not sure what's going on :( ...ya my last period I got was Jan 21 n have not gotten one since ?? So I'm gonna test in the am just to be sure n then just wait n c from there what happens . Thank u so much for all the info n the good luck !!!
  • I did drink a sunkist before I tested I don't know if that would have mattered tho .
  • Take the prego test when you wakea up tomorrow with the very first pee of the morning. The hormone is most concentrated then so you will get the best result on the test.

Temperature will not say much of anything for you right now. You can track when you ovulate and if you might be pregnant but you have to track your temperature every day, at the same time, in the morning before you get out of bed, eat, or drink for at least a month or more.

The best thing to do is to be patient and retest in the morning
  • @ashes ok thanks I'm going too test in the am fingers crossed for a different out come n that's again for info .
  • Im gonna test 2morrow 2. Gl
  • @purple89 ok thanks and good luck to u !! Keep me posted !
  • Good luck hun!!! I hope you get your BFP!! If you get another negative reading, go to your doctor and get a blood test :)
  • @kayleesmommy I took my 2nd test about an hour ago it was neg :( I'm gonna test again in the morning so I hope for a diff out come very sad :( if I get a 3rd neg I'm gonna go get the blood test .
  • :( well I hope you get your positive in the morning, if not though id def go to the doctor
  • @kayleesmommy thanks ...I'm going to my fingers r crossed !!!
  • I will be praying for you!!! And sending baby dust your way!!! :) don't give up hope
  • @kayleesmommy thank u so much !!! I will try not to .