**Are there any moms who have had a baby with Anencephaly?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I know its very rare but there seem to be lots of mothers on here so i wanted to put it out there..

Comments

• I probably shouldnt have put this under 'pregnant' sorry for that. But i am pregnant :)
  • @lilmomma070811

My beautiful Brandon passed away 9years ago from this terrible condition, blessed we had 53hrs with him tho! This is my first pregnancy after him. I was nervous until the 3d us @ 20th week.
  • It's a nueral tube defect that causes the skull and brain to form incompletely. the thinking and coordinating part of brain makes it not viable to survive for long. Most are stillborn, some survive hrs, days maybe a week.
  • Folic acid for everyone of child bearing age!!
  • Thanx, always. The term I got when I was just going in to see if we were having a boy or girl was.. I'm sorry your baby is not compatible with life! I was like wtf!! ???? Many Tears later.. We decided to carry to full term and hope we had some time with him. I was 31weeks when we heard prognosis..everything was bought already.. Ugh u never forget losing a child. Made me cherish life more.
  • Aww hugs back! It was a loong hard road, tested my faith, marriage ect.
    We had a website with our story and pics to help other families with a poor prognosis but damn geocities closed. We lost our webpage.
  • Mc, stillbirth, infant death all the same to me. persons a person no matter how small~dr. Seuss
    any much loved baby is mourned when loss. I'm sorry for yours mama!!
  • My 1st baby had anen. I was 19 and we found out when i was 10wks and the thought of terminating never crossed my mind.I carried her till 31weeks and had to be induced due to poly..she was stillborn,passed away 12hrs before delivery :( but she changed my whole view on life and i started going to church..i ended up getting pregnant 3months after her birth and was soooo scared but very thankful to have carried a healthy little boy!my daughter 'Brandi Faye' would be 3 now and my son is 2,i had a mc in september and then conceived again in October i am currently pregnant with a baby girl i feel so blessed!!
    @Jaime77 i love that saying!! My son Loves Horton lol thats been our movie since he was 3months old,i know what a blessing it is to carry an Angel baby and congrats to a healthy pregnancy :) im so happy for you! How far along are you now?and when are you due?
    I apologize i havent been on here much lately...do you have fb?
  • Hello! I originally came to pregly hoping someone was on here who could understand carrying/delivering a termininally ill baby, and then went on to have a healthy baby. I have soo many fears!
    I'm soo sorry Brandi had anen.! I'm excited for you too, 2 babies! I'm currently 29weeks with a baby boy again. Due june 25th. Congrats!
  • Hello! I originally came to pregly hoping someone was on here who could understand carrying/delivering a termininally ill baby, and then went on to have a healthy baby. I have soo many fears!
    I'm soo sorry Brandi had anen.! I'm excited for you too, 2 babies! I'm currently 29weeks with a baby boy again. Due june 25th. Congrats!
  • Sorry triple post! my cell
  • Its okay my cell does that too lol..i pray you have a smooth delivery!! He will be here soon :) we are pretty close in weeks..if you have fb you can add me just let me know its you..Sarah Cole-Jones or cndy_gurl112@yahoo