Gender Neutral.... Any suggestions?

edited January 2011 in June 2011
So.... me and my husband already have a lovely (sarcasm) 2 year old girl (I am joking she is really not that bad) and we are expecting baby #2 in June. Long story short we are not finding out the sex and I am so frustrated that I can't find cool looking gender neutral nursery decor.... everything is dull and life less. Any idea of where to look?

Comments

• Loook at burlighton coat factory! They have alot of gender nuetral one in particular thats my fav is by fisher price its called precious planet I think but the colors are bright and can be for boy or girl!
  • Have you checked babies r us? I was there the other day and they had a lot of cute gender neutral patterns. If you can't go there just try looking online :)
  • Go to overstock.com they have a lot of choices for baby decor
  • I have checked babies r us but not overstock.... but I am a modern person.... I found one but it was like 700 which is ridiculous to have a new born to poop all over.... lol.... plus I don't want it to dull since the new one will be rooming with the 2 yr old.... so I want something colorful and fun....
  • I have checked.... nothing that grabbed my attention.... I am so tempted to by a sewing machine and make my own
  • What about target
  • I just decorated myself. Pale lemon bedroom. Matching bed sets. Neutral blankets and so on. I had a blue baby bouncer for my lil girl... Blue works for either sex.. Pink is only for girls. Good luck.
  • My daughters room is ganna be dark brown and red with blue, green, and some pink accents. With monkies :) animals are something you can do as gender neutral :) with all of the colors that come with the prints they are really cute :)
  • I would just go with colors. Tans, browns, some greens, some blues, etc. Nice for both sexs. Go to baby stores or just stores in general and start grabbing stuff that will go good together and would be nice for either sex.
  • See I am not near any place to look.... I have been looking online too.... I started looking at wall decals but have had no luck with finding thongs to match....
  • I think a light sky blue and chocolate brown are neutral but that might be just me
  • They are.... well the colors are but baby nursery set designers seem.to only.put boy designs on them.... I just such there were just plain bold colored sets.... no designs
  • Try etsy.com
  • Never heart of etsy.com
  • I'm Going to do a "where the wild things are"theme. I dont know yet whether I'm having a girl or boy but I loved this book as a child and have found some interesting decor that is gender neutral. most of the decor I'm getting from ebay or etsy. The crib set is from ebay and it is blue brown & tan..I may look to add something to it to make it a little more exciting..it is difficult because gender neutral can come across as plain!
  • I totally agree.... I was trying to find cat and the hat items because my daughter loves that book but have had no luck finding thing to mesh together
  • Winnie the Pooh, Elmo, Disney (it doesn't have to be princesses!), etc. Dr. Seuss, Sandra Boynton has a wonderful line of children's books with adorable characters as well.
  • I saw cat & the hat on the burlington coat factory site!
  • edited January 2011
    I like the Sandra Boynton book like.... you are one of the very few people I have heard mention her.... bit it seems like every time it is story time she wants to read cat and the hat.... I think I have it memorized....

@Vagrant
    You just got me all excited.... I am looking it up now ^.^

(Sorry if this seem off in my typing.... I am using my phone and sometimes it has a mind of its own)
  • @Vagrant
    I saw it.... it is adorable....
  • Hello mothers to be and mothers to be again this is my first child I went for a sonogram and my selfish baby was breech one of the legs were up covering the goodies but the techinician said its possible its a girl. I'm still kinda skeptical I really don't wanna wait, my question is should I buy neutral colors or go pink crazy HELP!
  • Ask the technician next time to count the ribs girls have one more then boys
  • That's a wonderful idea
  • We had the fisher price jungle stuff. It came out right before precious planet.