baby sitting too low?

edited March 2011 in August 2011
Is ok that at 18 weeks...my baby is still sitting very low?? I feel the fluttering about an inch and a half below my belly button...is that normal...I feel like he should be up higher by now. Any thoughts?

Comments

• I felt the same way when I was around 18-20 weeks with my 1st. She seriously felt like she was right in between my legs and I was waddling already. But somehow she magically rose up and it became much more comfortable for me. Seemed odd, but that's the way it happened.
  • Im twenty three weeks and I feel my baby very low too on my twenty week us doctor said baby was perfectly positioned
  • I'm 24 weeks and I feel my girl low
  • ITs normal at 18 weeks the top of your uterus is still about an inch or little less below your bellybutton.
  • Thanks. Ladies that makes me feel much better :-) do any of you know when the baby starts moving up?
  • my little girl fust started kickin and moving high enough for me to see my belly move it was so awesome but also kind of creepy lol
  • @livelaughlove87 I am also 18 weeks and the baby kicks about an inch below my belly button. I didn't think it was low because it said in What To Expect When Your Expecting that when you hit 16 weeks that's where it sits at. Its says at about 20 weeks it will be one inch above your belly button. So no worries:) congrats on your baby. When are you due?
  • Wow , i guess its normal... my girl is in between my legs... lol... i have a dr appt tomorow ill ask...
  • Your baby is probably breeched like mine. Which is why you feel baby so low. It's normal I just asked my doctor, I'm 20 wks how far are you?
  • Im 20 wks & my bby is still low the doctor said he was perfectly positioned
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • At 20 wewks from what I have been told, your baby should be below your belly button.