A little nervous about giving Birth...

edited March 2011 in Second pregnancy
Even tho I still have quite a while to go untill I give birth, I'm really nrvous.
See with my Son I was enduced and I had a hard time dialating..(if that's how you spell it) and also the pushing part was hard, since I was so tired.
I REALLY don't want to go thru that again. So can anyone give me any tips on how to dialate any faster(if there even are any) I've heard all these about having sex & and walking, is there any other? Also the pushing and breathing I alway ran out of breath so I would "suck" my son back in trying to catch my breath to push again. Any tip?

Sorry so long..

Comments

• I felt the same with my second. With my first I had to be induced and it was long and horrid. I was so nervous with my second but as it turned out I had nothing to worry about as I was in labour no time at all and it was such a different experience. What I'm trying to say is every labour is so so different. I know its so hard for you and your bound to be feeling anxious but try to relax. Having a baby is natural, like eating and breathing. Just remember that at the end of it you will have a beautiful baby x x
  • If u don't get induced and wait till ur body is ready it should be a lot faster or just easier ... the last few weeks my midwife says to drink red raspberry leaf tea it makes for a strong uterus
  • @mommy2audrey, thanks I'll definetly try that.
    @cheryl74, also thanks. With this labour I'm deffinately not getting an epidural!
    Didn't work with my son so I'm not even going to try it this time. (Just hope the pain doesn't beat me)
  • I didn't have anything with my second (not enough time lol) and I recovered so much better x
  • Cool. That will be my goal.
  • @maribelg I walked the whole time I was in labor. I pushed for 20 min. Also I had no pain meds and wasn't induced.
  • I'm going to walk a lot
  • That's good info. I plan on going all natural. This is my first and probably last baby, so I want it to be as special as it gets. My mom thinks I'm crazy!
  • When u due
  • @briffyg89, my due date is agust 9th
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.