Mardi Gras :(

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Any1 4rm Louisiana & r yall celebratn 2dy r goin 2 parades? Im sad cuz iz way 2 dangerous goin 2 parades while im preggo :(

Comments

• I'm not from there but why can't you just stay on the outskirts of a lot of the raucous activity and just eat all day! That's what I would do.
  • I went to mardi gras last weekend in galveston, and i just stayed on the side walk the whole time. I thought i was just going to have a good time and eat. But i felt out of place and the crowd was kinda crazy. Oh yeah like 3 fights broke out and all my friends had to shield me from getting hurt. So maybe a day parade would be a good solution. And the food was my favorite part :) have fun n be safe. I know next year im going with out the belly lol
  • I went to mardi gras last weekend in galveston, and i just stayed on the side walk the whole time. I thought i was just going to have a good time and eat. But i felt out of place and the crowd was kinda crazy. Oh yeah like 3 fights broke out and all my friends had to shield me from getting hurt. So maybe a day parade would be a good solution. And the food was my favorite part :) have fun n be safe. I know next year im going with out the belly lol
  • In new Orleans,its raining here,sucky parade weather
  • Im jus gna stay nsde cuz I dnt wana tke any chances of getn hurt. I live n New Orleans n ppl tke Mardi Gras way 2 serious. Dea get xtra drunk n b fightn ova beads, etc. Mayb ill go nxt year. Thanx ladies. :) And dis weathr out here iz crazi. Iz hot 1dy, cold antha day & raining da nxt...Ugh
  • I'm glad you know beforehand just how crazy it can get. It's probably a wise decision to not go at all. I hope you find something else fun to do though. :)
  • I went Sunday for Joe cane day in mobile and had a blast
  • @PebblesMommy I really wantd 2 tke my 2yr old son so he can xperience it. I havn been n 2yrs n leve it up 2 me I prolly wont go 4r antha 2yrs. Lol Ima order sum kid friendly movies n play wit him alldy. Besides im 6mnths preggo n I kno ima get tired onto of havn keep using da bathrm.
  • @bwhite55019 wat iz Joe cane day n wat part of Alabama yu live n?
  • edited March 2011
    I live in Greenville ab 2 1/2 hours north of mobile and Joe cane was the one who started Mardi gras back in mobile after the civil war so they celebrate him each year! @kcoolzchic
  • @bwhite55019 daz sad dat I didn kno who he waz n daz a big holidy n New Orleans. I hve sum family dat live n Pinehill & Thomasville, Alabama.
  • Well normally mobile is the only one who celebrates it thomasville is ab 2 hours away from where I live @kcoolzchic