stupid ultrasound

edited March 2011 in April 2011
This is my 5th baby. I have 4 boys and we had the ultrasound for this baby. The tech was 100% sure it was a boy. But everything is different from my last pregnancies. Then we had a second ultrasound and the tech is only 70% postitive it was a boy (same tech) but for some reason I still feel that its not a boy. Ugh. We have a 3rd ultrasound coming up so maybe we will know for sure. If not looks like we are waiting till D Day to find out a 100% I hate waiting. Lol.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its gonna be ok!
  • This is my 5th also and I also have 4 boys. I have had 3 ultrasounds and my Dr. says he thinks it's a girl but won't give my a definate. I think he is afraid to disapoint me (I wouldn't be disappointed) if it was another boy. I understand just wanting to know for sure....before you deliver!!!
  • Haha. You don't wanna believe its a boy! Don't get your hopes up. I have a 4yr old, and this pregnancy is the complete opposite of my first and we're having a boy, you couldn't miss it. I hope for your sake that the ultrasound is wrong but you're going to love the baby either way. Good luck.
  • It does not matter how diff u preg is from others every preg is diff I have 2 boys and another on the way and this preg has been completely diff from the other two but for the to say it is a boy then it most likely is because they have to see something stickin out to say boy
  • @momof5, I know how you feel. My first ultrasound the tech was like I'm so sure its a boy but everything is diffrent in this pregnancy than with my Son's pregnancy. I have a second ultrasound on the 22nd let's see what happens. I wish you the best of luck. I know it could be fustrating to have to wait especially if you want to buy any stuff or plan the babyshower. By the was my first ultrasound was super early, said the doctor that saw me, she didn't know why they had scheduled it that early and it was all to blury.
  • They can tell the gender as early as 13 weeks @maribelg
  • @mommyof3boys, I know that(:
    The doctor still didn't seem too sure about it tho..
  • Well good luck but if they seen something down there then it is most likely what they said usely the only one they get wrong is sayin it a girl and it come out a boy
  • @momof5 I def feel your frustration! My midwife said that it was definately a boy. My medical dr swears it's a girl! Ugh so frustrating! I have another us in 3 weeks. Hope to know for sure then!
  • The ultrasound tech is the one who would decide what it is
  • By the way I am a ob nurse that is y I know all this
  • I don't have an ultra sound tech. The midwife did the first us. The medical dr supervising her did the second. My third one will be done by a high risk pregnancy dr.
  • Are they properly trained because that is a whole nother degree
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had an u/s yesterday and the doctor guess is a girl so i guess ill have to wait another 3 weeks to really know for sure
  • @mommyof3boys The md is the one that does all the gender us at my dr office. My mw said he's the best in the office. Only thing is, baby never showed genital area in the us with the md. The mw is also trained extensively on us. She did the us to date my pregnancy
  • We just found out we're having our 3rd boy. To be honest I cried all the way home. Yes its healthy and that the important thing but I was 100% certain this was a girl. I even dream its a girl. Our us was at 17 weeks we have another on the 24th I'm hoping it will show a girl. But if not he will be just as loved.
  • @nikalia2626. I cried the minute she said it was a boy. And I cried for a week after then I got use to the fact that it was a boy and when she said that she was only 70% sure on the 2nd I cried then cause I was already use to the fact that I was having a boy. My ultrasound tech is wonderful. That's what she does all day. She did my us for our 4th baby and was right. But I'm not going to get my hopes up at all and I will just be happy that baby is health since I have had problems with this one. No matter what baby is I will just thank God that he gave me another baby.
    We had our first us at 16 weeks and the second us at 25 weeks. So it might have been to early. The next us is at 36 weeks which I will have that in 2 weeks. Whatever baby is I will be happy. =)