heart rate boy or girl??

13»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Ob told me that heart rate is always higher in the first tri then evens out in the 2nd....at 10 weeks the beat was 169 now its 151 at 14weeks.

Those wives tales are fun but not reliable...but I hope you get your girl.
  • 160s every u/s and its a boy!
  • with all 3 of my boys they were in the 160s and up. with this pregnancy its been in the 140s so hoping for a girl this time. I'm 14 wks so we'll see.
  • I'm 13 weeks, and the hb was 160....what should that mean? Lol
  • Okay, so should I be concerned? My us at 6 weeks hr was 124, I'm seeing all these high hr.... Hmmmm next us apr21.. Hope all is well
    I'm still sick all day long and breasts still hurt. We'll see
  • Both of my boys ran 140/150 and this baby is super high always around 160/170 so who knows
  • @sroman_3 at 6weeks your babys heartrate is slower than at 9-10weeks. I'm not sure why but I did read that early on it is low then gets higher & then lowers again a little. Plus, if there was something wrong with your babys heart rate the dr would have told you.

@mommyof2nd, I honestly am not sure when the heart rate finishes slowing down, it may be different for every baby. I am 12weeks1day today, & I am due October 18th, 2011. I go for an ultrasound tmrw with a genetic counselor so as long as they are patient, although it can be hard to tell, I'm going to ask them to please take a peak. As for me, my pregnancies with my boys we're fairly easy minus some preterm complications & random bleeding. I was hardly ever sick, if anything I was only slightly nauseous generally I was just hungry. This time I was getting sick from my prenatals I had to switch them a couple of times. I puked for a week straight, but then I found a prenatal that worked out for me. I no longer get sick, but I still do get very nauseous from time to time so this pregnancy is a little different. So, I'm really hoping for a little girl, but yesterday morning the intelligender home gender test told me I was having a boy... although I guess boy results are less accurate than girl results lol. Needless to say, I am very confused & ever so anxious at this point!
  • Omg a boy it said!! I gotta know if its true haha I'm also due 18th but having c-sec again so gonna pick the 17th :) they really had my hopes up yest cuz I got the 1st tri screen but we zoomed and it was blurry couldn't see anything :( what state r u in? I'm hoping for a girl but idk y I have a feeling boy lol hahahaha I bet u wanna know asap SO DO I! LoL @tiffay
  • I'm 12wks and 3 days and heartrate was 167
  • A friend told me her doctor said that you can go by the heart rate... but not til the 3rd trimester