Anyone from Pittsburgh (home of those bad ass Steelers)??

edited January 2011 in USA moms
just wonderin if anyone is from here that i can relate to my pregnancy with? I am 30 years old and pregnant with my 3rd. We r expecting our son May 5th(which is also my daughters birthday), however I am pretty sure that I will b induced due to having high blood pressure. I am in a new relationship and this child will have a different father than my other two. I am very excited but also very scared because we miscarried last year.

Comments

• My husband plays for the steelers....we are preggo with our third...our family us based out of Dallas however but its gonna work out great for superbowl! He will be here by next Monday. Our oldest looovez pitt tho even with the negative wind chill lol. Good luck with everything and b careful with all that ice and snow
  • I truelly hate the cold but amazingly I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I don't even want to know who ur husband is because I will b all gushy and fan struck. I have to say though that out of all people that responded to my post it is just crazy that it was someone actually involved the organization. I bet its tough with ur husband always on the road and probably scary tht ur baby will come at one of those times. Really though, I wish u guys the best of luck to the new addition in ur family.And for myself I will continue to try my hardest not to fall on my a**,on the ice...lol. Oh, good luck in the Superbowl. Hopefully u will b able to show the baby daddy's new ring!!
  • My college roommate is an obgyn out there so if u need any referrals it anything let me kno. Yeah this baby will b right during preseason which is hell month...but we don't even kno if the NFL will have a lockout or not so we don't know if we will have health insurance. Scary.
  • I live n pittsburgh originally from new jersey. Im really not a big fan of the steelers no offense to anyone. But im on my second child n she will have a different dad then my son
  • I totally forgot about that lockout crap. hopefully for u guys that doesn't happen. I couldn't imagine going through a pregnancy without health insurance. its not like u guys could even get any type of assistance. I am not a very religious person but the little prayers that I have r with u. And who knows I might actually need the help of ur ex-roommate if problems arise with my blood pressure again. I had to go to a high risk doctor last year and it was determined that because he did not take me off of a certain medication my pregnancy resulted in a still birth at 22 weeks. I'm very, very cautious this time around and if there is anything that I feel unsure of I am definitely getting a second opinion. That was honestly the worst experience of my life and I couldn't imagine going through that again...
  • @mommytwice...how far along r u and how far will ur children b apart?
  • I Live in pa by md and I'm not a steelers fan. Allllll I'm gonna say is I'm originally from baltimore lol I'm 23 pregnant with my third
  • @babybumpers I am 21 weeks n im due june 8th. My so will b 3 feb 27th so 3 yrs apart.
  • Definitely Steelers fans!!! out here by Philly:)
  • My first 2 are 3 n a half years apart. I love the age difference:)
  • @snreda I know u have to get a lot of grief being a ravens fan and living in pittsburgh. I love my steelers but I do have to say the best games to watch r those played against the ravens. Is the baby's father a raven's fan also??
  • my daughter is going to b twelve and my son will b 8 in a couple weeks. I'm probably crazy to b doing this all over again but I think I would rather have it this way than close in age. My patience runs very thin and I think I would go nuts having two or more babies. I give credit to all of u mommys that have to deal with that. @mommytwice does it bother u that ur children will have different fathers? And how does ur partner now take to ur oldest?
  • @babybumpers I did at first cause I never wanted to have different fathers for my kids cause I always thought they wuldnt look nthn alike n have different last names. I over that now sometimes u make mistakes n life n my son father was a mistake he cnt stay out of jail n he was a cheater. At first they clashed all the time cause my son is so spoiled but now they r better then ever.
  • I'm from pittsburgh & I'm 34 weeks. =) congrats everyone.
  • I also started ALL OVER AGAIN! When my third was born my oldest was 10 and my second was 6. I actually had an application to start working again when I found out:P Different fathers also. My oldest has a really great bond with his stepdad. It took my second longer to develope that relationship with him but they found it, and are really cute together. They don't know their father very well. He keeps in contact but never really wanted to be involved. As for the boys you'd never know they were half. THEY ADORE THEIR NEW BROTHER <3 Now I'm about to find out what it will be like to have 2 BABIES. These two will be 2 yrs apart. I'm a little nervous about it given the fact that I got the older two starting football again in august (due june 11th). But I think, my mom had my sister and i a year n a half apart and she survived with no help:) I'm lucky with a very helpful fiance and mom <3
  • @Babybumpers, he sure is! We do get a lot of bad talk to us, but its ok! We just laugh it off
  • I was with my ex for fourteen years and I promised myself that I would never have more than one baby's daddy. I have several friends that have numerous children with different fathers and I personally didn't think that I would ever experience that. however 3 years ago my ex walked out on me for my lifelong best friend. I admit that was a horrible experience, and I would not wish that on anyone. however I am now a one hundred percent believer in the "everything happens for a reason"thing. Not long after the split I became involved with a man that I had always known to b a great friend, things just kept progressing and now we r expecting. I feel something with him that I didn't even know existed. I am so far beyond in love with him. However anymore there is so much tension between him and my children that I feel like I'm being ripped apart. They used to get along great but everyday they seem to grow further and further apart. My kids too r very, very spoiled and very irresponsible. This drives him crazy. My kids have their faults and so does he. Ontop of everything he is very insecure and always doubts my loyalty to him. Although I have never cheated on him my ex is still in the picture and he hates it. I have to communicate with him because we do share children together. my partner does not understand this. Everytime his name is even mentioned world war 3 breaks out. I honestly don't know what to do. My children see this and I'm pretty sure resent him for it and anymore I find myself wondering if he resents my children because they aren't his. This is very stressful and I know it isn't good for my pregnancy. I really wish they could get along again.
  • edited January 2011
    @babybumpers im a hold my tongue on that 1 but I will say he is a sorry excuse of a man for stepping out on u wit ur damn friend. These guys r ridiculous. I cnt believe that. N now as far as ur new mate wit ur children yeah it will b hard but he has to come around n except them or u will have problems. It will get better once the baby get here. That will b you guys bond rite there.
  • I don't know what ur situation is but one thing I noticed about my new relationship is that once EVERYBODY (ex's included) realized that there can be no "friendship" and the divorced relationships were to be treated as business, my new relationship got better:) most of the time we can't speak to his ex directly because she always takes it somewhere it doesn't need to go.
    Once my kids realized there was no "playing" the parents in the household, it got better:)
    We had lots of bumps along the way but we feel like we got there... easier said then done.
  • @mommytwice that was a very hard time for me and it took everything to get over. u hear stories about stuff like that but never actually think that it could happen to you. I now know first hand not to take anything for granted. And though it was hard enough losing him, I think it was tougher being betrayed by my bestfriend. I was actually confiding in her and crying on her shoulder that my relationship was falling apart and she was the reason for it. Talk about feeling stupid...I'm a strong believer in karma though so I've learned not to dwell over it. it will in time catch up to them without my help. what doesn't kill u only makes u stronger. As far as my new relationship I truelly hope that this baby is the key to bond my family together. They used to get along great that's one of the reasons I think I fell so deeply for him. I honestly don't know what happened or why they fell so far apart. I thought time itself would heal them and bring them back together but that doesn't seem to b happening. @heather I am not playing around by any means. when I have to talk to him its brief and only about the kids. when he picks them up or drops them off I don't even go outside and acknowledge him. I don't even permit him to come into my home. Our relationship is strictly based on our children. Even if I was single, the thought of being romantically involved with this man sickens me after what he did to me. I would probably puke if he touched me. Not to mention, I love my boyfriend and I would never, ever hurt him. I want to spend the rest of my life with this man, that is what means the world to me. He is just very insecure and has his own personal issues that he needs to work through. I just hope he doesn't drive me insane in the process.@412mommy where r u from I pgh? I live in Carrick.
  • I'm originally from dc so when my husband played the ravens we went. That us when we conceived this baby so if its a girl her name will b raven :-)
  • @babybumpers I'm so sorry, you misunderstood me. I was talking about the kids realizing they can't play you and the man your with now. (my kids used to ask him something and if he said no they'd come and ask me, now they know they can't do that) I'm sorry if I insulted you. It would make me sick to be with my ex too:)
  • @billye910 that's such a cute story and name. My first was conceived in Rome. Jack Levi was this close to being Johnathan Rome:)
  • Oh I love the name Rome LOL and what s place to make a baby 8->
  • I love me some steelers super bowl :-). My husband is a die hard fan..@ Billye910 what is your husband number?
  • @heather I understand what u mean now but please don't feel bad. I didn't take what u said offensively. I really can't say that is too much of a problem with us. My kids rarely do that.they just flat out think they don't have to listen to him and that's wrong on their part. But it seems as if more and more he is ranting n raging about absolutely anything, and there he is wrong. They all need to figure it out because I'm sick of being in the middle of their drama. its stressing me out and they don't seem to care.
  • I'm from pgh too. Due july 3rd with a girl. @babybumpers.....reading ur story I could've wrote it myself.
  • @babybumpers I'm glad I didn't offend you:) I never want anyone to feel judged by me. I just like to share my little life stories (good or bad) in hopes that someone can take something away from it. And take little tidbits from people myself:) This is a nice, supportive site:) I hope everything settles down for you at home. I've argued with my fiance for blowing up over little things about the kids too:(
  • I would respond with some witty comment about how the Steelers suck, but damn the Eagles are doing so so SO badly this year. At least we still have our Flyers!