im scared... any other ladies experience this?

edited March 2011 in May 2011
So I went to my doctors appointment yesterday, and my blood pressure was high. 140/100 and that's even after id taken my high blood pressure meds. I've been having dizzy spells and im extremely tired. Well I passed my glucose test. And my 24 hr urine test.. he upped my dose of blood pressure meds, and told me to rest... bedrest take it easy. If this worsen he will have to take baby early. (Im 31.3 weeks) I also have to come back in this friday, to see how im doing. Im really worried, I sleep so much and I also gained 10 lbs water weight in 3 weeks. I don't know what I should do? Help!

Comments

• I also have hbp with my pregnancy. Just take your meds as prescribed, get all the bedrest you can, and stay away from as much stress as you can. Be sure to tell your doc about any dizzy spells or changes in vision (sudden blurriness) that you have.
    Also, you can get an electric home bp monitor pretty cheap ($20-$30 or so) at most drugstores. Test your bp once a day at home. My doctor told me to call her if mine was over 140/100, but talk to your doctor. Since you're already reading that high, he may not want you to report until higher.
  • You might have preeclampsia. I would ask to be checked for it. Especially when you already have high blood pressure
  • I'm a little scared (though I won't admit to people I know). I was 17 & 19 when I had my other 2 & now I'm 31. Your body changes sooooo much in 13 years its crazy. I'm scared things might go wrong just to throw me for a loop. My actual dr appt isn't until next month so fingers crossed all is well! I've started prenatels & increased my h2o intake & cut out sweets which is so hard for me in fact I don't even want them! Weird.