question

edited March 2011 in Getting pregnant
N the first trimester do ur lower part of ur stomach suppose to hurt like a cramp?

Comments

• I hope so cuz mine does sometimes. Usually when I lay down.
  • I wouldn't say "supposed to" but it's not unusual. Some cramping is usually round ligament pain from your uterus stretching, even this early. But it shouldn't be severe cramping. If it's too painful or if there's heavy spotting you should go ahead and let your doctor know.
  • Mine did like almost everyday . I'm 19 weeks now so everything was ok.
  • I'm Laying down n it hurt but I'm not af r spotting..
  • Yea it do it everyday n i think i was testing to early all the test said no...
  • They told me its has something to do with your body changing . I don't remember exact words but it was down that alley.
  • I read that dehydration can contribute to cramping. But some discomfort is pretty normal.

It's always best to at least call your doc and ask if you are in doubt. I was having some abnormally heavy cramping at 13 weeks, so I left a voicemail with the midwives. They called me back less than an hour later, we discussed my symptoms, and she told me to go on in. I had a vaginal infection and it was the source of my cramping. A prescription and rest has gotten rid of the pain.