Working out and pregnant....is it safe???

edited January 2011 in August 2011
Hi I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I work out because I'm scared of being fat....but I'm willing to slow down for the health of my baby...but is it okay??

Comments

• I am same way. I did stop playing soccer which I miss but I try to do easy stuff like bike...elliptical...stair stepper....I don't let myself get too winded....
  • Light exercises.... don't let your heart rate get too high.... power walking, jogging, yoga, dance are good ones.... I am having my second on and I always went back to my original size in no time.... but don't think that you won't have to work on it after you have the little one.... stretching and breast feeding help every thing fall back into place....
  • You should be able to do around the same amount of exercise that you were doing before you got pregnant... of course your body will tell you when to slow down:)
  • Oh ok thanks because I'm kind of worried for the little guy
  • That's natural. What kind of workouts do u like.....I rem with my second son my hubby and I used an ovulating kit. The day it came back positive I of course jumped on him but then I had a 2 hr outdoor soccer game. I was so scared I was shaking all t&e hard work up too much but still got preggo :-)
  • My doctor told me I should be able to feel if I'm work out too much . Trust your body. :)
  • Agreed.... baby and body always tells me I have done enough.... I have just found I get a better work out from slower workouts that I can do longer.... ballroom dancing was so much fun and great toning
  • Yeah my doc even said I cud play soccer for first trimester....its just my personal choice to stop....and my husband wud kill me LOL
  • Lol.... yea same with my husband and track.... lol
  • I like running, bike riding, and swimming...I stay on south beach so thankfully I can still appreciate the outdoors ...I haven't done any sit ups in a long time I'm scared of getting love handles
  • Well all of that is great to do thruought pregnancy....just don't try any Sprint marathon ;-) how nice to live n south beach....I can imagine u wanna stay n shape. My hubby is an athlete so I gotta stay n shape too. We try to be healthy so our kids see although now when I go work out my oldest says....ur gonna get fat anyway with baby n ur belly let's just go to donut shop lol....he is 7
  • Lol... I taught karate until I was 8 months pregnant with my last one. It was a pretty funny sight. Definitely slowed down a lot as my belly got bigger and would have to hold on to something to demonstrate a kick. Nobody wanted to take over my saturday morning classes. I finally had to say you got two weeks to find a replacement unless you want me to have this baby on the floor!
  • Oh wow LOL