5 months with no doc

edited January 2011 in Second Trimester
Im just worried bc I am now 5m pregnant and still have been unable to see a doc bc of medicaid. I can get insurace through m y job when enrollment finally rolls around but ill be 6 1/2m by then. What should I do?

Comments

• You should go to a womens clinic that will usually have a sliding scale based on your income. How is your pregnancy so far
  • Where are you from because I know a few places u can go 2 for free in ill and even get free ultra sounds
  • Im in jacksonville fl. The first few months sucked cuz I cold turkey quit smoking ciggys and drinking caffeine. I was sick the first and second month had a lot of tummy pain in the third and fourth month but I can feel the baby moving now. I have called so many places to get a free exam or ultrasound but no one has taken me yet
  • look online for womens clinics and u can look for ones that take walk ins
  • Omg! If ur in the process for medicaide they will still take you. I filled after my first visit. They will cover u up to ur filing date. Just apply then go to the dr's and say ur medicaid pending.
  • You need to get into the dr.s Most states will cover you. Are you taking prenatal vitamins? Just take care of yourself :)
  • edited January 2011
    I feel your pain personally because I am just like you but I am four months pregnant. And Medicaid is an issue for me lately I have been taking prenatal vitamin from Wally World and I have been very prayful because I need my baby to come here healthy. I am ashamed and I hate when people ask question I don't have the answer too. My bestie is a nurse and she warn me if I don't hurry and get prenatal care that some doctors might not accept me I have a fear of that so I pray for you and me that in God's will that our baby come here healthy and that Medicaid have pity on us.
  • I'm telling you, after u hand in that medi application your good to go. You can't control processing time. They also give u a 3 month period to back track your bills before processing. Just go to a doctor stat! There blood work and tons of other tests you should have done to make sure you and the baby are okay.
  • I know I'm only 4 weeks and I don't have insurance at all. And I think my pregnancy is a ectopic pregnancy. I don't know what to do.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can go to the health dept. and get emergency Medicaid that is good for 30 days til your real Medicaid paperwork gets settle. Have you tried going to the school to have the students practice ultrasound on you. Anything is better than nothing.
  • @jcmommy what kind of school do ultrasound for free and in the morning that's what I am going to do go to the health department.....Thanx in advance
  • Well, here we have a separate school just for ultrasound that students can practice on you. I don't know about everywhere but if you call around the schools you can find out or it'll just be a small fee. Good luck.
  • My county didnt do anykind of temp medicaid so I went to a neighboring county and they issued me a temp card and forewarded my paperwork to my county...sometimes you have to work around it

• I have the zame problem with medicaid. They act like if they are payn out of their pocket. Ive been on bed rest for 5dys ready to get up.I have dr appt today and have to pay 125. Cuz medicaid is not responding!! This sucks!!
    Texas
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks everyone I went and got a blood test and have a ultrasound scheduled for the 18th so hopefully things will be ok I just hope medicaid approves me now.
  • I think Medicare will back date everything to your first prenatal appointment and it should be 100% covered.
  • My Medicaid kicked in immediately ....Ho to a community doctor or go to the emergency room ....I hope everything works out
  • I went to the parrish health unit, got a Preg test and app for medicaid on a monday. Had my medicaid card by that friday. Maybe Louisiana is just fast. Idk.
  • Get vitaims i.was 6 months with my daughter b4 i.saw a doc but everything was fine
  • I just applied for Medicaid yesterday. my office lost power and wasn't able to see me so I had to leave the application. I'm worried that its going to take for ever. I don't know wjat to do.