gestational diabetes..wut to do?

edited March 2011 in August 2011
I just found out i have gestational diabetes and im not sure how.im suppose to have proper meals....any suggestions... *-:) R

Comments

• I am diabetic already and about 10wks along. Eat lots of veggies, and protein, and watch the carb intake. check and see if your insurance covers a dietican as well...it is a HUGE help. Try whole grain breads and pasta and brown instead of white rice. The dr might put your on meds our insulin for the rest of your pregnancy...but that is no big deal. Hope that helps a little.
  • Oooops or not our
  • Thank u....i just need more self control because i crave for baked goods very bad and i know thats a nono
  • Well once in a while is ok.....but there are a million sugar free recipes, so you can still have most of the things you love. And alot of stores sell sugar free stuff too. Hehe ...they even have sugar free oreos...they are my weakness hehe. But I make sugar free/low fat cookies and baked goods all the time :) you just have to do a little research and look for low carb and sugar free stuff. You don't have to give up everything you love hehe