sleeping!

edited March 2011 in Sleep
I am a tummy sleeper and I try not to roll on my stomach at night. So sleep on my sides but I find my self sleeping on my back with both of my legs over my fianceé. My question is, is it ok to sleep on my back? I know it reduces blood flow to my lower extremities but does it affect my baby at all??

Comments

• After 20 weeks no! You can put a pillow under your butt but flat on your back cuts off circulation to the uterus!
  • Oh, im 26w1d, when I sleep on my back I normally put a pillow under one hip so im slightly high on one side then the other. Is that ok??
  • Wow I'm so glad I opened this. I'm 19 weeks and go to sleep on my side wake up on my back. Never knew that it would affect the baby.
  • @newmommy2be where u a stomach sleeper too. I also woke up on my stomach last night, well on my stomach with my knee out keeping one side higher then the other. I hope that's ok. It didn't hurt at all.
  • Yes. I find my self sleeping in that position too sometimes. It's comfortable
  • @newmommy2be yea it definitely is. Its getting harder to find a comfy position.
  • Yea I toss and turn all night.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yep pillow under one side is perfect for back sleeping! Good luck getting comfy!
  • Yea I toss and turn all night too!! I think sleeping on my stomach/side is most comfortable! Thank you all for ur input and help!! I hope you all sleep great tonight!!