when????

edited March 2011 in October 2011
How soon can I find out what I'm having with a 4d ultrasound?

Comments

• Where i went it was 16wks, they wont do it before then
  • In California they'll do it at 14 weeks.
  • oh I'm so anxious :/ im ready to baby shop :D
  • I found out what I was having at 18 weeks...I'm now 32 and still haven't bought anything lol.
  • @Caiti5 I live in ms..how do I find a place that does 4d is there a #?
  • I'm about 8 weeks...im ready.to be in the clear of m/c.
  • I Googled it...I typed 4d ultrasound California. I'm sure it would work the same way for you.
  • I wouldnt do it b4 18weeks just incase
  • @Caiti5 thank you :) @bummy87 ten more long weeks but it.beats waiting till im 24 weeks for a reg. U/s
  • @MichelleLannan I would google 3d/4d ultrasounds and your city. I found several places here in Ky and there aren't alot of high tech medical services but I still found several places that offered them. You xsn also check with you OB office
  • yeah no doubt 24 weeks is late they do it between 18-20 weeks in australia aparently its the prime time I dunno policy is different everywhere
  • @blissmarie23 the closest place is 1 hour away :/ worth it though :D @bummy87 I foubd out with my son at 21 weeks. One tech said 19 the.other said 24....i was like o...k ? So I decided to just get a 4d :) plus my husband saw.pics of some 4d ultrasounds and he loved them! So were both super.excited
  • If I had to drive an hour to get a 4d ultrasound I think I would. We travel alot though so an hour isn't too bad. It would be a good reason to plan a day trip!
  • @blissmarie23 plus jackson (which is where the 4d is) has the cutest baby clothing boutiques :) so it's a win win situation!
  • You know it ;) I would see what time they recommend though so you can get the best pictures. I just had mine this week and I'm at 28 wks. I did already know the sex from a previous ultrasound (the regular one)
  • @blissmarie23 my husband wanted to get one for every trimester for keepsakes but I feel first trimester would be way to soon
  • Your OB may do a regular one in your first and second trimester. They would do first trimester to determine how old the fetus is and second trimester to make sure organs look right and determine the sex of the baby
  • I've gotten my first regular u/s and baby is fine :D hubby wants a 4d every trimester.
  • thats so cool if I could afford it I so would
  • @bummy87 I wonder what the baby would look like this soon? my (ultrasound tech) said "a little alien"..
  • haha at my 8wk ultrasound u could see tiny hands head n body, at 11 weeks I could see everything except gender but it was kindof like a playdough lump with things attached lol
  • edited March 2011
    sorry not hands I think at 8wk. lil nubs
  • Awww :) little baby nubs! Lol pregnancy is so amazing.
  • Awww :) little baby nubs! Lol pregnancy is so amazing.
  • @caiti5 wow I'm in southern cali I didn't know 14 weeks I remember wit my son it was late but they still did n he opened his eyes stuck his tounge out but they had 2 wake him up cuz he was sleepin hahahaa I'm getting a screening at 12 weeks and I'm so excited cuz they said may be able to find out if boy or girl then, going April 5th can't wait!!!!