TTC after mirena(iud)

edited March 2011 in Getting pregnant
My first child we "tried" and got pregnant by second cycle....didn't do much trying. Then I got mirena,which I have had for 2yrs. Got it taken out on valentines day. Had 5day bleed the next day. Regular period march 3-6 then today spotting for only a couple hours and some cramping....no idea when I ovulate,can it be this early?

Comments

• I got prego 4 months after having my mirena taken out. I had it in for 18 months or so. I used an app called my days to try to track my ovulation. Good luck
  • i got prregnant within maybe 2months of having my first mirena removed..had a baby in 07 & a baby in 08 got another mirena kept it for a year and it took almost a year to get pregnant so i guess it kinda just depends on your body..im also Christian and believe when God wants it to happen,it will!..good luck!!
  • Yah.. I had it taken out in january 2010 and pregnant in feb 2010 but resulted in a an m/c. My dr suggested that my my lining wasnt built up enough to hold the baby, but we didn't know what for sure... After that, I got pregnant again, and another miscarriage. Pregnant again now (yay) & 16 1/2 weeks with no complications. So I think it just depends. I wouldn't try to rush it, just taje your time abd let your body prepare. Good luck :)
  • I didn't have mirena....but I had my IUD removed November 17th and conceived December 8th. I agree that it just depends on the sun and the moon and your uterus aligning just right ;)
  • Thank you guys so much for your stories and advice! I know I need to give it time....butim just too excited for it to happen now. I'm sure u all understand. I know once I give up and stop trying it will happen. I have just heard horror storys about not getting prego for yrs after mirena...yikes
    @Dmjones66 so sorry to hear about your losses....unfortinately I have heard this happen to many people. Good luck with you bundle of joy!
  • Thank you :) I hope you never have to go through that... Best of luck, my fingers are crossed for you :)
  • Took me exactly a year after having the mirena removed to conceive. I had it in for a year and a half. Good luck!
  • thanks! my sis has gone through like 6 mc and had to deliver one ar 20 weeks..... so I know how hard it can be for a family. I have one miracle neice whos 3 hoping for another....i personally have only had one pregnancy(my 2yr old). I have heard it going both ways after mirena preggo right away no trouble or it takes yrs with multiple mc..... I'm hoping to get a bfp by april 1st!!! With no trouble.
  • I had the Mirena for about 2 years. According to my due date (estimated by ultrasound, because I never had a period after removal) I got pregnant 5 days later. I'm now 27 weeks with our first baby! Good luck.
  • Wow! That's awsome...gives me better hope! Thanks and good luck!
  • Im ttc after having mirena removed jan 9th. Its frusterating... but praying for a sweet baby. Good luck @tryforbaby2.
  • @mommyof3girls is this the first time ttc after mirena? this is my first after mirena... I had no prob. with my daughter preggo after 2nd cycle... we'll see what happens.
  • @tryforbaby2 this is the first time trying after mirena. I had it in for about 13 months. I bled a tom for 2 weeks after it got removed. My periods have always been very regular. Im hoping mirena didnt mess up my body. Good luck to u.
  • yea you too! im actually ovulating! tmi I just checked cm... im all excited now. my husband gets off work at 930 dont think it could come fast enough.lol
  • My best friend lost a baby after 9 weeks when she got preg right after it was removed. I was told wait 3 months before trying. So I had mine out in january and ttc now. Good luck to you all.
  • I got pregnant 2 months after getting my mirena out. I had it almost 5 years. So it is possible. Good luck
  • oh and I'm now 20 weeks pregnant and expecting a baby girl in August.
  • @fmcneal good luck. I bled next day after removed then had full cycle march 3rd. so im hoping that will work enough.
    @jslowey thats awesome! congrats!