I wrote this to my son when I was 16..... kinda long....

edited March 2011 in Teen moms
I came across a letter I had wrote to my son when I was 16 and just wanted to share it with everyone.

I woke up at 2am and found my water had broke. I just turned 16 and was on my way to the hospital to have this baby and then give him away to an adoptive family. In labor for 16 hours with no progress we had to do an emergency c section. I was scared and this baby inside of me.... I just wanted to get him out! They preformed the c section and then you Antony came into my life. I heard you cry and then they showed you to me and I felt your black fuzzy hair. I loved you with all my heart. When I came out of recovery, they gave you to me and I held you for the first time. I fed you and burped you, I loved you! Being in the hospital for 3 days I started thinking about my choices. I still could keep you if I wanted but it would be a tough life for us and for you to be in a single parent home. I came home while you were still in the hospital and my heart was broken. I then told my mother, your grandma, that I wanted to keep you. We came home, you had one outfit, and only formula and diapers the hospital gave me. Antony, we come from such a loving family that within an hour of you coming home we had clothes, diapers, food, and a bed. Everything you needed was provided to you from the loving family you have. Then I thought even if it will only be me and you against the world we still have this great supporting family with us.
Love,
Your Mom

This letter reminds me of everything I went through and overcome as a teen mom and reminds me how precious our children are. I'm thinking about writing a letter to this baby also..... Interesting to look back and see what your thoughts and feelings were.

Comments

• Awwe I love this! That's awesome that u kept your baby boy! How old is he now?
  • :') Tears of joy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He is 10.... Crazy to think I have a 10 year old! 3rd and last baby due sept. 16th hoping for another boy!
  • I feel ya @mama0811 couldn't imagine not having him in my life.
  • Awww I feel like im going to cry... that's super sweet.
    Im 16 having a boy in april.
    I am naming him Victor Anthony Enzo Corona...
    I feel the same way
  • That is a beautiful letter! I'm only 19 and am going thru a lot, the father is not in my life and wants nothing to do with the baby and have had thoughts of adoption but i dont think I could ever do it. I want to write a letter to my baby but I wouldn't know what to say, ill probably wait til after its born. I have been keeping an online blog tho of all my feelings
  • You made me cry! That was so special
  • I guess what I didn't add in the letter was the adoptive family backed out of the adoption while i was in the hospital..... so he was going to go into a temporary foster home until I chose another family. That's what really pushed the whole situation over the edge and helped me make my final decision.....
  • Omg tears....have u watched that dandlion movie so freaking sad about a woman give up her son..well in the end she see.her son n git him back but he loved his adpoted parents so much he only wanted them ...so his real mother decided to leave him there with his adpoted parents n she tells him your really mommy loves u so much she had to give u up ...n ur other mommy loved u so much she"ll do anything to keep u ...n maybe one day when ur a man we will met again....omg its so said
  • @ghettobetty It was ment to be(:
  • edited March 2011
    I know It was ment to be. He is my world along with my other children but he changed my life and changed it for the better! I regret nothing..... Thank you for all the positive feedback!
  • I was about to ask you about the adoptive family, that would have been horrible if they were set on adopting him then weren't able to. But then again you have to know that risk when you adopt
  • I am happy everything worked out for you my dear(:
    I hope everything works out for me
  • Yea it really kind of freaked me out that an adoptive family would back out last minute.... Scared me even more when I was already scared!
  • @ghettobetty I started crying when I read this. My mom gave me up to my grandmother and grandfather (my mom and dad) and then tried to come back in my life we talk bit its.more of.a friendship though. She was 15 when I was born :/
  • @bkuneki You will do great! Don't get me wrong I stumbled along the way the past 10 years.... but everything has worked out and I am so happy now. Teen moms are super strong individuals I have best wishes for you!
  • I bet.... if I considered adoption I would be scared to let go of my son... scared of what was going to happen next and how to deal with it...
  • @MichelleLannan I'm sure that was a very hard decision for your mother and rough on you growing up.... I'm glad you have a decent relationship with her now. She truly was looking out for your best interest.
  • Thank you(:
    I am getting excited and worked up at the same time...
    I do have some what of a support system so I think ill make it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not going to lie... I was freaking out. When you look at pictures of what would have been my last moments with him I was constantly biting my lip and frowning.... Not easy at all!
  • That would really suck... now you have an awesome 10 yr old and other children(:
  • He is wonderful.... I think i'm going to cry now... LOL
  • Tears. Ur such a strong woman! Keep it up. God bless u.
  • Awww just go to him and say momma loves you!
    He will understand one day(:
    Right he will probably give u s silly look right now huh?(:
  • Awww that's awesome and so happy for you! Hope you get another boy! Im laying in the tub playing with my baby boy! He's moving so much and I kee poking him and he pokes back so sweet!
  • No he is a very loving boy. I tell him I love him along with my other children all the time..... I love them when they get up, when they go to school, when they come home, when they go to bed.... LOL they probably get sick of hearing it. He would give me a funny look well no yell at me if I forget to tuck him in and tell him I love him haha....
  • Lol how cute.... if my mommy came to my bro who just turned 11 and said I love u out of no where he would be like okay?? Love u too? Lol
  • That's funny... Well he wont let me see him naked anymore! not even in his underwear that's about the only thing he gets all weirdo about.