am I wrong for being upset? pretty long. sorry.

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So as I said before me n bf almost split before getting pregnant and almost again right after finding out, but the reason behind was basically I started thinkin we act like roommates, we never ever did anything as a couple, we went out separately we have no friends together, I hate his friends they are all cheaters and completely disrespectful to women and I can't stand that he could be so close to them. And I realized I wasn't happy and if he wasn't going to put me first than I should move on. My thinking is no one is doing anything wrong we may just not be meant to be and was ready to accept it, but at the same time I love him and want to be with him. So we went n seen a counselor n I decided I would give it another shot. The counselor asked him if he thought his friends behavior and attitudes were supportive of our relationship n if he believes its ok for him to hang out with them if they don't. One of the reasons it bothers me so much is I gave up all my single friends n ppl who were or are not conducive to our relationship. I used to not ever go anywhere unless he wanted to go. Eventually it got old n I decided if he didn't want to hang out with me n he can go out without me I would do the same instead of staying home crying. N then shortly after is when I started thinkin about breaking up because i felt that if he wasn't willing to make the same sacrifices i did for us than I didn't want wast more than 5 yrs of my life. So anyway he's out again tonight with the same cheating disrespectful friends because his birthday was Tuesday n I'm here livid. Crying my eyes out because I feel like nothing is ever going to change. N I kno it was his birthday this week but why can't he celebrate with his gf n make it special instead?

Comments

• Its not wrong to be upset over that. I would be furious too. If he isn't helping now, do you know he'll be better when the baby is born?
  • He's a great dad with my other 2, my son is not his but my daughter who is 3 is his, that was never the problem, I just feel like he should put me n his family first before spending time with them jerks, he can be a good daddy whether or not we are still together, I feel like all I ever wanted was for someone to want to marry me, n we can have friends an do things as a couple together n basically share our life not have separate ones. But he says he don't believe in marriage n obviously isn't trying to be an us instead of a me & u
  • my husband acts the same, no matter what i say he's just determined to spend his "last days" doing something fun...but our whole relationship has been about him doing and getting what he wants, he's never put me first but i never had the strength or option to leave
  • N then everyone acts like ur the bad guy for wanting what u want once in a while.
  • Wow Im so sorry... sounds just like my marriage for 4 years.... I finally decided to end it cause I didn't want to be miserable for the rest of my life, and there were many promises made but never kept. It was hard cause you think of all the good times and the love... But it turned into roommates.... I'm so sorry your going through this now... I know exactly how you feel... Now I'm with my new guy and I couldn't have dream for a better man. Everything I could have wanted and more. I hope you get through this with the outcome you want. Good luck :)
  • lol so true...but if the shoe was on the other foot they would be acting like us