Sore when bending over

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
Hey guys ill be 18 weeks sunday and everytime I bend over to pick something up I feel like I pull a muscle under my tummy. Does anyone else experience this? ALSO I get very dizzy doing the same thing. First time momma here! Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • These things are normal.....pulled muscle feeling is called round legiment pain its from your stomach muscles not being as strong cuz they are getting stretched out. And dizziness is due to (i believe) all the extra blood flow. Try to get up more slowly should help also drink your water. Dehydration causes dizziness. Good luck
  • Coolbabybeans is right.this is.my 5th n wit evry preg it gets worse for me.good luck just take it easy n drink lots of water.
  • It could be low blood pressure, mine is always low, but when I'm pregnant it gets insanely low (86/47 is when it has been 'high' when pregnant) while you can take meds to bring high blood pressure down, unfortunately there isn't any to bring it up. Dehydration can also cause it. As for the muscle pain, I get that all the time; from sneezing, coughing, moving, bending, etc. Its your muscles getting stretched from baby. Try to move slowly, I find holding my hand to my tummy helps when I move a lot. Best wishes!
  • Oh yea they have those baby belly bands too that support ur belly.they help wit the muscle pain for me n my friend it did.I used it my last preg. I lent mine to a friend she just had her baby Tuesday so now I get it back.yeah,lol
  • @kkjoe09 I had that too, I did stretches where I was on hands n knees and arched my back. It helps lower tummy tightness and makes it more stretchy. Start slow but doing it consistently helps.
  • @kkj09 I had that too, I did stretches where I was on hands n knees and arched my back. It helps lower tummy tightness and makes it more stretchy. Start slow but doing it consistently helps.
  • Thanks guys for all the advice. @Mrsdelrea I find myself holding my stomach a lot more now lol.
    @first_time_mommy I just found out that stretch like a week ago and it does help alot.
    And I think
  • I'm going to start drinking more water. I drink like 8 glasses atleast a day but more couldn't hurt lol.