Interesting, just would like to share.

So, I just realised that the sonographer did do an estimated weight for my little girl at my last scan which I find really interesting! With my first I didn't have a scan late in my pregnancy but this time round I did. I had the scan at 35 weeks & 6 days and they put her estimated weight as 5lbs 6 oz! I'm curious now as to how accurate this will turn out to be, considering my son was born at 38 weeks weighing 5lbs 13 oz! Anyone else have a scan where they put an estimated weight? I think it's interesting to see what baby actually comes out weighing! :-)

Comments

• I'm only 31 weeks but they give me her size everytime I go. I was going every two weeks just switched to every 4. My last one was Thursday and her weight was 3lbs 14oz she's in the 58 percentile. We will see what she weights in 4 more weeks.
  • they are accurate within about a pound each way
  • Oh. Well as long as it's only showing good things! I think the most rapid weight gain is between 32 and 36 weeks but I could be wrong! :-)
  • I had an ultrasound the day I had to be induced with my son. He estimated 7lbs 8oz yea my son came out 9lbs 5oz so I don't believe them anymore
  • Wow. That's like a 2 pound difference! Just seems easier not to assume anything till they arrive really! Lol
  • I had the exact same thing happen to me; they estimated my daughter would be 7 1/2lbs & she came out 9lb 4oz... I definitely won't trust them this time! I had oodles of unused newborn diapers & onsies left over! Lol...
  • They told me with last he would be around 9lbs he was born 10lbs.
  • I want to ask I have never been told est weight and I have had 2 us