how do u cope?

edited March 2011 in Single moms
I am a new single mom after i went thru a sort of abandonment issue with my baby's father. If there are any other single moms on here please tell me how ur coping.

Comments

• I was single for a while. I had good family support and lots of ice cream...no joke.
  • Day by day, I was a single mom for a long time. Keep busy, & focus on the future for you & baby. Keep a support system up to help remind you you aren't alone. Unfortuntely time is your best friend & worse enemy. It'll go by slowly at first, but time does heal. I thought baked goods helped better then ice cream tho! :)
  • I was on my own with three boys and did whatever I had to do to care for us. Just looking at my kids and loving them so much kept me strong. i felt I had more control in our lives and it made me more confident. I also know my boys very well and have a wonderful relationship with them. People asked how I could manage and I really didn't know how to answer. I just did because I had no other choice. Theres nothing like a mothers strength in times of need. You cope because you need to for your child and for yourself. And that's a little of my experience. Best wishes!
  • Im on my own to. Iv just moved to a new town I have no friends here. But my family are only 11 miles away I see them once a week. I am friends with the father who lives about 30 mins drive away . Im really glad to be on my own. No one to moan at its bliss. No one to stress me out. Even though its not perfect or how I imagined id do it. I always stay positive for my baby girl. Ice cream and baked good do help! Also fryed egg and bacon sandwiches. Im only really missing sex
  • Im a first time mom...single... w/o my childs father in the picture...and I can tell...its hell sometimes. I have a lot of support from fam & my co workers...but its tough when ur by yourself. I hope everything works out for all of us...including myself.
  • This is my forth child and this is the first time I have been single...its been really tough. My older kids help me out a lot and im blessed to have them. I pray a lot.
  • edited May 2011
    I grew up in church and went my own way while a teen to about 24. I had 2 little girls the second w my now hubby. (He was younger than me so he was nervous but never really disapeared. After 3 yrs we got married but It was rough for 2 of them.) When I had my 2nd I went back to church figuring God forgives and I was being a good mom and doing my best so he would accept me back too. I found the most comforting group of people and they encouraged me so much. I have a relationship w God but at the same time I found people who supported me and made being a single mom so much easier. I have a great family but being I had 2 babies young I lost most of my friends. I got new ones in church and I even helped mentor a young woman I keep in touch w because everyone saw me for who I am not a stereotype.

It's not for everyone but thats were I found my peace and strength and comfort. You're in my prayers.