I cant believe Im afraid to tell my parents

edited March 2011 in Second pregnancy
Soooo...the discussion title says it all. It's ridiculous bc I'm 24...but I still feel like they won't b too happy. I'm almost 11 weeks in a few days. I have an ultrasound monday. I would like to take my six year old bc she'd b so excited but I'm worried she'll tell em before I get a chance to suck it up n tell em. Help!!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was the same way. 25 with a 4yr old at home. I had NO choice but to take her to my ob appointment and then blabber mouth told my parents for me. It actually worked out, they thought it was a cute idea for her to tell them
  • I was afraid 2 but they where excited m parents said they already knew which was interesting as id only found out a few hrs b4 I told them lol
  • Awwww :) very cute. Last time I did this I was 17...mom was sad n dad was disappointed but supportive. I'm hoping it won't b so bad now that I'm older but knowing my parents I don't expect a joyous reaction bc they're a bit old school
  • @ bummy...is it ur first?
  • @mama...honestly...my bf/unborn babydad is having a hard time finding work. its all about working to my dad. he will freak out bc he will ask how we plan on doing it since I'm the only one working
  • I was so scared to tell mine and this is my third and I'm engaged. Honestly turned out to be not bad at all! First 2 were not so pleasant.
  • I was scared too. This is my first I'm 24 and been married a year. I also will be the first on both sides of the family to have kids and make our parents grandparents. My mom was the only one a little concerned at first. She just thought we'd wait longer.
  • Thanks ladies. I think I need to get comfortable with the idea n tell them ASAP. I feel like I can't thoroughly enjoy being prego bc I feel like two of the most important ppl in my life don't know. His family knows n our close friends. Which makes me feel bad.
  • my mom just found out last saturday and im 27 with a 3 1/2 year old. i live with my fiance in our own place and i still got a lecture.
  • Really?? Maybe they still see us as their babies. How did she find out?
  • I think the sooner u let them know the better you'll feel! I'm 25 w my first n was terrified to tell my parents! I had gone to the Dr bc I was bleeding n I had to tell my mom bc I knew shed ask why I went. I didn't want to lie to her. Plus I couldn't get in that much trouble bc my 22y.o. sis has 2 kids from 2 different guys!! I figured at least I waited. She wasn't thrilled but she was happy. But I let my mom tell my dad bc we knew he'd be disappointed since I'm not married yet. And he was, but he's coming around more n more. Good luck!!
  • Thanks...sounds exactly like the reaction my parents r gna have
  • Im in the same situation except my dad is the only family member on my side who knows im pregnant again..my family like to create drama over everything so not everyone knows specially my mom..my husband is the only one working..good luck to u..its ur life n noone should tell u wat to do or not..
  • Very true. Ughh sounds like my extended family. Can only imagine the veal they r gna say. Especially when they find out its a diff dad....
  • All I can say is it is what it is and I know it seems bad at the present time it all gets better. Im not going to get into all I have been through- - you're welcome for sparing you LOL-- but I have learned that no matter how bad or scary something is, all you can do is your best and live how you want to live. Be honest and work hard. Everything works itself out and the people who love you will accept you no matter what. Good luck to you!!
  • @abcarroll I like that!!! This wknd I shall tell my parents. N ur right...it Will b all good
  • LOL I am 31and this is my first. My father still acted like a two year old when he found out a few weeks ago.
  • Wow, really??? I think if anyone's parents r how ours r they will overreact even if its the 3rd child or 7th n so on. Not that I want that many...u get the point. No matter our age
  • @adri805 my parents sucked! My mom wouldn't speak to me!
  • Im scared 2 tell my parents also.I hav a 1y.o daughter she jus turnd 1 on tha 11th an im 13wks an 6days alng with my 2nd.I still live at home with my dad an im really scared ta tell him kuz he keeps telln me i better not hav nemore babys atleast not til im married,i jus wana yell it out that im prego so i can get it over wit but im so afraid of wat his reaction will b
  • @celiaagnes....omg...still to this day?? Did she come around?
    @kamiyasmom maybe you should yell it out....bc once its out there u will feel better. I plan to tell my parents n BD dad this wknd. His mom is very supportive n is helping us figure how to tell em. Is ur BD in the picture?
  • @adri805 yea my bd is n tha picture an i ask him ta b with me wen i told my parents an he said no he didnt want 2
  • Y not? Is he kinda scared...??? Only reason y I am scared is bc mine is having a hard time gettin a job which will b my dads main concern....does urs have one?
  • @adri805 she came around but for a while there she was not supportive. She even suggested I terminate :/ it was sooooooo unlike her. Shes usually the one who's big time supportive, this time it was my dad.. He cant wait for his first grand child :) no worries tho, everyone comes around because no one can resist babies :)
  • Haha very true...babies r a miracle n a new life always makes ppl happy n gives em hope. Wn r u due?
  • I am in the same situation. This is my first baby and my fiance and I decided not to tell too many until after the first trimester. My parents were alraedy disappointed with me because I moved across the state and then moved in with my boyfriend. It's been two years and they are finally dealing with the fact that its my life..........now how to tell them I'm pregnant.
  • Have u had an u/s yet?