Ultrasound SCARES...

edited January 2011 in Second Trimester
I went for a routine 12 week ultrasound (although I was 13&4) and I noticed my babies bladder first. I thought it was normal and the tech didnt say much she just measured it. We found out he was a BOY :) and it was a good day. The next day however my Dr. tells me his bladder is enlarged and I shouldnt have seen it at all. I am now considered high risk, and have to see a perinatologist and im FREAKING OUT...

Comments

• OMGoodness... I hope everything works out okay! I have never heard of this, so I can't say what it means, really. All I can give you and your baby well wishes.
  • Thank you! Reading online just gives me grim answers like getting a shunt placed through my stomach into his to drain the fluid... I dont even want to imagine that!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have heard of this and as it would scare me as well the shunt would help you make it to delivery and then they can assess the baby more safely
  • Thanks ladies, I hope he is alright. I will see the perinatologist Feb 8th wish us luck!
  • Good luck I hope everything turns out ok for you both!
  • Im now 16 wks, went in for an ultrasound today and my babe is all better! His bladder resolved on its own and now I can stop worrying thank god!
  • Thank goodness. I'm glad everything is ok.
  • That's good so glad he's okay(: