mucous plug?

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
Ok I'm 39 weeks and all day yesterday and this morning after I use the bathroom there's this thick clear jelly like discharge on the tissue even though this is my 2nd child I'm not sure if I'm losing my mucous plug because my first labor was inducted. Is this something I should worry about or is it normal?

Comments

• I wish someone would answer. Lol. I noticed the same thing about three or four days ago. But I'm only 34 weeks.
  • it likely is u can loose it in parts when the nurse showed me mine it was about 5cm n all veiny kindof with my first it came out in pieces like ur explaining, unfortunately it diesnt mean anything other than ur getting close all tge best gls
  • It could be it. Was it just a little bloody?
  • Yes that sounds like it! It looks like a big nasty buggie! Good luck you may be in labor before you know it :)
  • I'm about to be 36 weeks and I've been having that too, but it hasn't been bloody or pink at all....
  • @sands3 no it wasn't bloody at all ... and thanks ladies for all the responses
  • Yea its the mucous plug thing cuz I called the doctors line n thats wat they had told me it was n I was 37weeks unless its with blood or smells like dead fish then worrie other then thats ur okk :X
  • Its more than likely the mucus plug. Get ready baby is coming for St Patricks day!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ;;) I'm so excited ladies ... even though this is my second child lol its just a joy to bring a beautiful baby into the world
  • It doesn't have to be bloody if your having clumpy or stringy discharge its definitely your mucus plug I lost mine both times no blood about a week before I went into labor. Good luck!!
  • Hopefully ill be having her soon....I'm excited and can't wait
  • If it looks like a huge icky loogie then up sounds like ur plug to me!!! Good luck :)
  • With my first i lost the plug 3 weeks before i delivered it was sick i was just done swimming i wentto the bathroom and it does look like a booger i don't think its a true sign of labor it does mean no sex because u can be more prone to infection
  • I lost mine a month before I gave birth to my son. I was all excited because I thought I would go into labor within the next few days....NOPE! I think all it means is that your cervix is getting ready to dialate....but some women dialate really slowly. I was at 2 cm for 2 and a 1/2 weeks before the big day.
  • I lost my mucus plug 2 months ago