Anyone else having baby w/ thier boyfriend and NOT thinking about marriage

my catholic family isnt thrilled that im having a baby out of wedlock but they are still supportive. I believe having a baby with someone and getting married to someone are completely seperate things. Ive seen too many women getting married for the wrong reasons. Including my mother. Maybe thats why I dont think its a good idea to become engaged while ur pregnant or BECAUSE ur pregnant. I mean if ur happy and ready it doesnt really matter. I was just wondering if theres anyone on here who is fine with how things are with ur boyfriend or whoever ur preggo with and isnt rushing into a marriage bcuz of it. I am in no way saying that if u are getting married n u happen to be pregnant, that ur rushing. I just see alot of women talking about husbands and fiancees, was wondering if anyones in the same boat as meee :)

Comments

• I'm in the same boat. My bf & I have been together for 5 years but are not married. We don't even live together and I really don't want to move in till the baby is born. Nobody needs to live their life in the "right pattern"...whichever way makes u happier is the way to go.
  • I'm not getting married. We've talked about it, but if it happens it won't be for many, many years. Maybe for our 50th birthdays or when we retire. Its just not high on our lists. We are happy together, we live together, our child is going to be raised in a very loving home, what does it matter what a piece of paper says?
  • I'm having my 2nd with my bf and I have no desire to marry him, I don't know how he feels, I hope he doesn't ask cause I will say no lol. My Catholic grandma supports me as do the rest of my family except maybe my mom, she's on her 4th marriage, so that doesn't mean much to me ;-)
  • I didn't marry my daughters father because I didn't want to rush things. Good thing for me because he decided when I was 4 months that he wasn't daddy material. She's almost 4 and I haven't seen him since we broke up. I am pregnant now and me and my bf have been together for 8 months and have no plans to get married. I get asked a lot if we are going to but I don't think having a child is the right reason to get married. We don't live together either.
  • I'm not in the same boat, but still in a comparative boat.

We had been engaged for three years when we decided to have a baby. Then his mom apparently got all anxious about getting married. We hadn't really planned on getting married. But we do look forward to a great tax refund next year.

I do feel a little pushed into marriage, but we didn't put up much of a fight against it. I am a little let down that I will be 6 months preggo at my wedding and probably won't enjoy it as much as I otherwise would. And that my maternity dress options were limited.

But I am happy to finally be able to call my fiance my husband. And stop telling people we're going for the longest engagement when they ask when we are getting married. And we will have a buffet, so I can stuff my face in with delicious foods. And my mom found a really elegant, gorgeous dress at maternitybride.com.

I think our main excuse for not getting married earlier was that we couldn't afford our dream wedding. But my parents stepped up and decided to get traditional on us and pay for everything. And they can afford our dream wedding. Especially because mom and I are both creative, and can cut costs by making a lot of stuff ourselves. And we have simple tastes.

I'm really excited for my sunflower themed wedding in June 4.
  • @jwigs yay for you and not having to pay for anything! Lol yea after calling him ur fiancee for three freakin years its about time to step it up to husband status heehee congrats n wish the two of u lots of happiness (the three of u I should say).
    @kkmommy yea Id say no too at least right now. But I dont think hed ask cuz he knows how I feel. Im only 19 and soooo not ready for a lifetime commitment to a man hes 23 and doesnt seem to care abt it so yay! Im perfectly happy and so very in love :)
  • I am incredibly lucky. I still can't believe it's all happening. I am having a shotgun wedding, but not really.
  • My bf and I are very much in love and we've been living together for 2 years. We pretty much are married lol we don't need a piece of paper to show that. Although im like all girls and have a dream of a wedding. I don't need one to be happy and have a loving family. Our child will have a life filled with lots of love :) and if one day we decide to get married, our child can witness this :)
  • Is it sad that my dream wedding is to elope on a cruise ship with no one I know there? I hate huge weddings!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Been with my boyfriend for 7 years...we dont live together...and we are pregnancy with our first..(& last) baby....I'm not pushing marriage but I wish we would at last live together so we can raise this baby together....he's an awesome father to his 3 older kids...and want that for this one...
  • Ohhhh me me me.
    I am in grave financial debt, and he has very good credit and no debt, so that must definitely be worked out beforehand. There are also things that he needs to fix with himself before he ever considers it. Like my bf doesn't like to be around my family. Does not fly with me. He also thinks certain things or perceives situations in ways that are completely unacceptable for us to be able to live together. And the third is a very personal issue that must be dealt with for me to consider spending the rest of my life with him.

Right now we are on a play-by-ear relationship. I would love to marry this boy eventually but there is just so much to work on first.
  • We aren't getting married anytime soon if ever
  • I have no desire to get married because of the baby. If anything the baby has made me see what's important, and if my nd isn't that, then why would I keep wasting our time. It's a Nice reality check. I'm 30 years old & am not in a rush to be married. Just want to be with someone who makes me laugh.
  • Im definitely not getting married bcuz im pregnant or maybe i wont even after the baby is born. Marriage can sometimes be a load of crap. Many women boast about being a wife n not a gf wen their husbands do them wrong in so many ways. Not saying it wont happen to me but if ever it does i wont have to go thru a messy divorce or be stuck in an unhappy marriage.
  • I have been married twice. No kids with the first. Two kids with the second. I know I don't take being married too seriously and that's awful. I would never cheat on my second husband but I definitely got married for the wrong reasons both times. The first time was on a whim. Not kidding at all. The second time probably came down to the fact that we were having a baby but it wasn't like we felt like we had to. It was more we might as well. I wish now we would have waited. I would still marry him in a second but I do feel like it should have meant more than it did. We also had a very small wedding, 4 guests, so I also wish we would have taken the time to do more planning. Sometimes it is hard to recognize that this person is my husband and not my bf and I think he feels the same way. Would it be that bad to have a" real" wedding once we actually wanted to?
  • @lilliebug no way! u should totally have another wedding, itll put ur mind at ease and u can make it a great memory. I would hate to go my whole life feeling disappointed when I think back at my wedding. I bet it will make it much more official feeling if u have another one (when ur good n ready) and u can send out invites and pick a place have someone take pictures order yummy foods lol good luck I hope u put ur mind at ease one day and I wish u a kick ass re-wedding ;)
  • my gf is prego. we moved in together. but not thinking about marriage. I dont think we r there. like we dont want to get married just cuz she is prego. but we will get married eventually lol
  • @ashes I dont think many ppl think it through about finances before they get married. I sooo wanna get married to my awesome bf one day in the far far future lol but one thing that needs to happen is him learning how to save money nd make responsible financial decisions. Ur a smart girl, good luck with ur debts n stuff *crosses fingers*
  • Iv been engaged for two and a half years and have been bugging him to set a date. Soon as I announced he a daddy, im getting my wedding lol. I already have a son from previous relationship so cant wait to cement our growing family!
  • With the baby on the way, marriage sounds way too expensive. A baby changes everything, maybe even our relationship together. I hope we make it, but so many ppl get divorced its kind of hard to believe it will work forever.
  • Divorce does freak me out. But hopefully, after living together for 3 years, we've mostly got eachother figured out. But I think divorce would freak me out after 6 years together. It's just a different world anymore. You know?

And I've got problems with long term relationships. Even friendships. I alienate people. I think it's from being a military brat and never knowing anyone for very long. You're always preparing for that next PCS. And from growing up watching my parents screaming at eachother. Lord help us, my man won't let me push him away.
  • @jwigs I grew up a military brat too & I'm the same way. My bf won't let me push him away either. He has the patience of a saint & I don't know how he puts up with me.
  • Yea thats what im afraid of my mom isnt forty and is goin through her third divorce! Ugh I just wanna get it right the first time ya know?
  • @kriss82001 Good to know someone is looking out for us brats. :)
  • Me!!! I don't feel the need to marry just because I'm pregnant. I love my bf, but I want my wedding tro be about me, not my pregnancy. My uncle got his girlfriend pregnant when he was 17, they got married because it was 'the right thing to do' and it turned into a miserable situation. So I actually have all of my family telling me NOT to marry!!! Maybe we will one day, but a baby seems big enough for now.
  • I love my boyfriend and we have matching.promise rings but we both laugh at the thought of getting married. When we told our parents they both said marrige right away. Him mom is on her 4th and my parents have been married for 12 (or 14?) Years. But they didnt get married until after my brother was born. I think if and when the time is right ill get married. He feels the same way.
  • I didn't really think it was going 2 b serious w/ the guy I'm w/ but now we r having a baby. So we r taking it more serious now but marriage is not in the pic.
  • I was married for 13 yrs before I got pregnant, but my friends were not. I don't think there is anything wrong with not being married. The one thing iv noticed through their lives? Having a baby with someone is an EVEN BIGGER commitment to someone than marrying them. when you share a child, they NEVER leave. lol
  • If we do get married people will throw rice at our wedding, neither sides of the family like us together especially my side. We are engaged, but you might as well say were not no ring no date