when can i start to try for a baby after a d.c

edited March 2011 in Special clubs
hi all last week i had a d.c after miscarrying but i am confused on when i can start trying for another baby i know i am unable to have sex for about a week sorry if it's to much info but no one has told me when i can start to try again for a baby how long do you all recamend i wait b4 trying again this was my 2nd miscarage i have had in under a yr

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My doctor advised me the same as mama kat, 3 normal cycles
  • thanks @mama_kat people have told me so many dif things on when i can start trying i don't want to try right away but it's nice to know a time i can start again :)
  • Remember to take prenatals every day for those 3 months. :) sorry about ur loss! Good luck ttc tho!!
  • I had a miscarage in oct my dr said i could start trying jan n im 9weeks she said 2to 3months
  • aw thanks everyone here is to trying again in 3 months i am still taking my pregnancy vitamins so hope fully next time will have a better out come :-D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • it's so hard to say how much i am feeling for another child i am so lucky i know to have the children i have when i know there am so many women out there that have been trying for so long and still not been able to have 1 child and my heart goes out to them but i just can not stop this longing for another child i can not explain how i feel knowing that i have had 2 miscarages in under a yr the hurt that i feel is horrible but the only thing that is keeping me going to that i can try for another 1 after 3 months even if it takes me 6 months or more to fall pregnant again :)
  • I had two early miscarriages and passed them naturally. RE told me I didn't have to wait to try again. Currently pregnant with number three and beyond six weeks.
  • aw thats great @lavitabella i am so hapy for you my first miscarriage passed naturally as well and was told i could try again whenever i was ready to but this time it had to be a d&c but after no one told me anything in regards to trying again and to be fair at the time i didn't think to ask i thought that the feeling for another baby would go for a bit but i know this might sound a bit off to some people i want to try as soon as i can the feeling just has not gone away like i thought it would
  • I believe it was 3 normal cycles but my hubby had deployed before thar was possible.

You should have a follow up with your doctor a couple weeks after the d&c you should ask then to double check.
  • I had a D&C last may, my doctor advised 2 cycles. My cycles were like clockwork every 28 days before the d&c and they were not after, more like every 6-7 weeks! I waited 2 cycles and me and the hubby decided to try again and gave it only until my next cycle....well here Iam 27 weeks 6 days pregnant with our second, another little girl! :)
  • I had a m/c last year august had a dnc in september and got pregnant december and i pray ever day that my baby is ok
  • Had a dnc in Novemeber and got prego the week after with baby number 2 and Im 20weeks now
  • i had an abortion in dec 2010 and accidentally got pregnant again a month later.
    decided to keep this one and baby's still going healthy -- and i'm happy to be pregnant.
  • Ur body needs a break , time to heal u could have another miss carry if u dont give ur body time to heal , my doctor told me 5 to 6 month.