Breast Cancer...update 1/5

Comments

• @misskristin where are you located?
  • Aw, I'm sorry. That must be scary. Also, we still produce milk for up to a year or two after we "dry up" and discontinue breastfeeding. It's insane what our bodies do!
  • @mam082711 Hawaii

@captivated I know it's possible, I just figured if I would have issues, it would have been sooner than 7 months later. :/
  • So lets freak out a little....I am scheduled for a mammogram on the 20th. For the past few days, the discomfort under my arm, not in the arm pit, but like the side level with the breast had been very achy. To top it off...I've had these 2 moles on the areola (believe I mentioned them)...well the one on top has decided that instead of being a light brown, it needs speckles of dark brown. These speckles were not there 2 weeks ago! Wth! I'm still feeling very estrogen(al) lol and increasingly warm most of the time. I thought the temp spikes I've been having were related to being tired, but it doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get, I am just warm all the time. When I check, I'm usually around 100. Maybe the temp is related to the hormonal feeling? I think the sudden appearance of these dark specks warrants a phone call tomorrow morning. I don't care if my mammogram is next week, they can and should be running other tests, like perhaps checking my hormone levels and white blood cell count...I would feel a little better if I had some answers.
  • @kayleigh27 Is that the genetic test?

I also forgot to mention...when this all started, my mom and I had a long conversation about my aunt...she didn't just have breast cancer, she had IBC (inflammatory breast cancer). I really hope I can get the genetic testing done...then at least I would know my odds. And at least if I do have the genes, I will know...unlike the brain aneurysm I lived with for 15 years and didn't know about until it decided to rupture in my sleep. I am lucky to be here and I've got my beautiful babies to show for it. Regardless if the outcome of the tests...I have no intention of going anywhere for a very long time.
  • Kristin, I am wanting to be positive here, so I am going to say that everything is going to be alright. I notice the cause for concern and I agree. But by you becoming proactive, educating yourself and persistent will always work in your favor. You are in my thoughts and if you need anything you know where to find me.
  • @luvmy5 Thank you! I appreciate it! :)
  • Called and got an appt for Monday, the day before the mammogram. I requested a second breast exam and blood work. At least seeing someone who actually specializes in the female body this time...hopefully he can answer my questions. I want to believe it's all a hormone imbalance, but why do I only have breast pain & changes on one side??

Thinking about the possibility of cancer is unnerving....I know what I would do, but I'm only 27 years old. I already told my husband that even the slightest hint of cancer or precancerous cells, I would want a double mastectomy as soon as possible. I wouldn't take any chances...I wish my aunt were here to answer my questions.
  • My sils grandmother had breast cancer an she sed she had no pain at all she just felt a lump an i read on the internet breast pain is not a common symptom of breast cancer this made me feel better cuz I'm going for a breast exam Tuesday cuz I've been having a tingly feeling on one side but I think its harmones cuz my period is comn an my friend has pain on one side an under her arm an she has lots of ultrasounds done an they told her its just dense tissue . Good luck I bet everythang is fine :)
  • Thanks! For the most part, it's like nipple pain and like an achy annoyance where the lymphnodes are...and it's tender if I press on it. I've only every experienced breast pain with pregnancy and I'm not pregnant. Something is still up with my hormones and I need to taken care of beause I can't keep getting teary eyed over every sad post on Facebook. Hahaha
  • I was going to say the same as @Mrz_Jackson. Your symptoms aren't much of cx symptoms as the majority have no idea they have breast cancer. It is pretty asymptomatic other than a lump and even then there are times you don't know it is there.

I think it is great that you are hypersensitive to your body. Great to be proactive. That's the best way to get proper care and treatment. You are your own best advocate. I also think you are slightly working yourself up, but I understand. I'd likely do the same. I am pretty sure you will be just fine and it will be benign :) Good luck hun!!!!
  • Hope all your tests come out good! Your in my prayers. And I hope they figure out where the pain is coming from...
  • Yes the BRAC test is a genetic test that sees if your risk of breast or ovarian cancer is high. Research has found if you have breast cancer ur more than likely to have ovarian cancer later in life or vice versa
  • I've come to the conclusion my body doesn't like me. lol Brain aneurysm at 15 followed by Stevens Johnson Syndrome, lung biopsy at 21 because somehow a spore grew inside of it, conization of my cervix at 22 to remove stage 3 & 4 lesions/precancerous cells, gall bladder removed at 23, miscarriage w/ d&c at 25, second miscarriage also 25, bleeding issue after Addison was born and removal of gland near vulva at 26 (a few weeks after child birth it appeared out of no where), and then there is now...lol. Seriously....whose body does this crap? lol
  • Raises hand.
  • Mine does too. Stay positive Kristin! You are alive. Healthy beautiful children. Optimism dear!
  • @luvmy5 I am, sure I know something serious could be wrong, but sitting in my house worrying isn't going to change it. :) Besides, I'm a mom...too busy to worry about me. lol
  • edited November 2012
    @captivated WE NEED NEW BODIES!!! How do we petition for something like that? lol

Could you imagine that convo with God? "Ya, God...listen. Can you just give me a body with pop out parts like Mr. Potato Head? It really would make life much easier..." Lol
  • NEW INFORMATION...

I was able to get in today to see an actual doctor for women, not just a general doctor. As I said, I was experiencing more pain, so I did call and was able to get an appt. I get in there and we discuss what is going on. He had a light, bubbly attitude about him...until the exam. So he does the right side first, then the left, then back to the right. He checked the lymph nodes under my arms and asked me to pin point where I was feeling the most pain. By this time, he is much more reserved which is slightly unnerving.... He then says he is going to see what type of mammogram they ordered....10 mins later he comes back and tells me he put in a referral for a biopsy and that they would know more when my images come in. With the holiday, I may not know anything this week, but I am hoping that my images are available on Wednesday so they can schedule my biopsy for next week. I know at least one of the lymph nodes under my arm is quite swollen and sore and I have been having shooting pain through my nipple. I wish I had asked more questions, but once he said biopsy, I just kind of blanked out. I will for sure ask when they call to set my appt though and I will be asking questions tomorrow....hopefully hubby can be there to help me remember to ask.
  • Oh no sending our luv from oz x right a list down
  • @cheekyerin Thanks! Yea, I need to do that. I can't believe I spaced and didn't specifically ask what he was concerned about. He mentioned more than one are thought because I remember him saying something about how you can't just biopsy one area and call it good.
  • edited November 2012
    :( i hope everything works out for you hun♥
  • @mommylovessparkle Thanks! I'm staying optimistic, regardless of the outcome, I have to be positive. :)
  • Im here for you.
  • Keep us updated!! Praying your images come back quickly to get things going!
  • So I get to the appt and they decide they aren't doing a mammogram...they did an ultrasound strictly of the right side of my breast and underarm. He said it looked good, but that the surgeons are the experts and to keep my appt tomorrow with general surgery to schedule my biopsy. He also said that sometimes manual exams are better at detecting some things and that some women just have pain. So still no answers....
  • I would be so mad!! Glad that its nothing too serious and I hope you get some answers soon.
  • edited November 2012
    So....I went to my appt with general surgery and got yet another breast exam. The doctor felt a lump...about 2 cm in size and immobile, not painful at all. She is scheduling an appt with the pathologist and if the pathologist feels the mass, they will biopsy the same day. Tentatively scheduled for the 12th of December...
  • @misskristin update? i know it's just the 12th now but curious.