Anyone from San Francisco?!

Soo my bf just got job there his a paramedic so we have to move since we are way in Southern California right now. Although he is working in the city we obviously at looking at houses outside that are family friendly :).. But does anyone know just BC I was told this that.... If the West side is much more foggy then the east. Our friend said it's better weather on the east side. But we are also looking at Marin County it's very beautiful and still close to the city for his work. Anyone live, have lived or have family there that can give some advice from experience? Thank you :)

Comments

• I am about 45 mins south of SF. But I, know Marin County is a very nice place to live.
  • I lived in SF for 25 yrs.
  • If u live downtown on market area, Richmond, Marin, sunset is nice. U will see alot of sun :) my mom lives in SF but towards Daly city & its very foggy most of the time. I miss SF, I just moved to Tennessee last month :(
  • I grew up in Tracy. Its ok. Nice away from the city but the traffics a B... to get to SF... Walnut Creeks nice. Nice mountain type houses is where my g.parents lived...
  • @stillsurprised cool! We looked a little towards the South I need to go their again personally to take look last time I was there we were mostly in the city doing shopping. But I don't know exactly how far the drive will be from Marin to the city for him.
    @nylasmom wow that's long time. IM sure it was hard to move. It's kinda scary at least for me. But we really do want sun since that's what we are used to.

• San Francisco weather is normally cold & lots of fog. Its normally 55 degrees or 65. If u want nice warm weather u would have to live in the east bay & commute to work. When I met my husband I moved to Hayward which is 45 min away & I would take Bart into the city for work. Living cost in the city is very expensive. A one or two bedroom is about 2 grand in a decent neighborhood. im used to the city & love it :) now im trying to get used to the country lol. Go shopping at union square & the shopping center but I must warn u there are lots of homeless ppl downtown & they beg for money. Ive had a homeless person asked me for hugs lol
  • @jules so glad to see your hubby got a job. I hope things look up for you. :-)
  • @nylasmommy thank you for the info! I'm really trying to learn :) we do not want to live in the city he would rather commute. It's not too bad for him since he works 12 or 24 hours shift it makes it worth it. Plus we like having nice neighborhood and nice quite well more so peaceful ya know. We will continue looking on the East. He called couple of people just waiting for reply.
  • @angel26 thanks I'm glad too. Just soo much going on. BC I don't want to move with my "bf" away from family so now we are talking about just skipping the big wedding for now and doing it later when there is more money. But I don't know if this is what I should do for sure. I just scared guess don't want to rush into anything.
  • Ur welcome, make sure u dont live in Oakland. Good luck :)
  • The traffic is horrible so don't move too far from the city. Martin is nice also Palo alto is really nice. I wish i child afford to live there. I live in San leandro.
  • @nylasmommy ya I keep saying no way to that and my dad keeps bringing it up only BC the apt my brother and his wife lived in for couple years while she was finishing her school she's doc now was nice. But they never did anything there they always traveled in order to so stuff BC it's nasty and not safe and I'm not going to be traveling I need to be able to step out of my house and take nice walk with my daughter to the park ya know.
  • @jess510 oh well that's still good area right? Just more affordable living which is wear we need. Safe but if we can have to for good price that be nice. Thank God his job pays well so we have some options. But the traffic thing does suck and what we have to keep in mind.
  • Traffic is bad thats y ppl take Bart :) cheaper no toll no gas just Bart fair its about five dollars one way
  • @nylasmommy ya that's what he is killing at the bart..he doesn't mind being on it for long time since like I said before his.shifts are long do its worth it plus he only be working 3 times week