well... I'm single

I was planning on just getting Josh's truck when tax time came and giving him the money from the kids to get a pick up. Well my mom said I should see if I can get a better car than just settling for his. I told him and he said we can all go to hell and he will see me in court. I didn't try to fight for him bc it's always me trying to keep him and he drops me like it's nothing. All I did was tell him what mom said and that it made sense. So to me, his "love"wasn't true and that he just wanted money. He said he loves me with his heart and soul last night and the second things don't go his way, he's gone? We've been together 3 years and have two beautiful babies together. It sucks bc I love him and it's the holidays but I shouldn't fight for someone that's willing to drop me over money. What do y'all think? We've been doing so good but his true colors came out and I'm glad I saw it now even though I'm sad. :-(

Comments

• I'm so sorry hun :( Do u think that he is just letting anger speak?
  • Yes, @ExcitedForOctober. But in less than 5 minutes, I was deleted of his fb and he deleted our relationship. I just don't feel secure in knowing he's done just like that, ya know? I did nothing to him but say there's a chance I'll find a different car and he's done with me?? :-( doesn't make sense
  • Doesnt sound right. Something is up imo. If he acts this way now, why would he act any different after he got the money? Im sorry, but who knows what he would do.
  • You're right.. He could take the money THEN leave me.. Sigh @Angel26
  • My SO has said some incredibly stupid things even he gets mad and he also likes to have it only his way that's, why I ask if maybe he let anger speak. Has he lashed out like this before?
  • Sounds weird for sure. I agree with @ angel26 and I think whatever the case may be he should never so any of those things to you and have reaction like that. Maybe it's what's best.
  • @ExcitedForOctober yeah.. He gets mad over nothing! He gets frustrated with our almost 4 month old and is like " what the f is his problem?!" So I automatically take him. I don't think he'd hurt him on purpose but with his anger..I don't wanna take a chance. I just didn't wanna lose him but maybe it's for the best. :-( @Jules he might have spoke out of anger BUT I'm getting real tired of apologies when he constantly repeats them. He hasn't called or text me so I'm not doing it either. He constantly hurts my feelings and when I cry, it's like "omg now you're crying?" He's got good in him but the bad outweighs, ya know?
  • If someone is truly sorry then they stop doing what they're sorry for...they don't keep doing it. I'm sorry you're going through this. :(

• To me it sounds like you aren't that hurt (not to sound rude) just like you really ARE over it
  • @Wilsomom you're exactly right! It's been apologies over other women too. @Caroline8_p yes, I'm very over it. I'm sad and I love him but I'm tied of fighting for someone who doesn't fight for me. Me and the kids deserve better. I mean even when he's wrong, just to keep the peace, I apologize and he's still mad at ME and I'm the innocent one.
  • He sounds like a very mentally abusive person, making you feel like YOU are always wrong and he's perfect. You don't need that.
  • @ExcitedForOctober yeah.. And he says I'm the controlling one. Sigh I think with Christmas coming, that's why I'm so sad. I love holidays with him bc I love snuggling and watching Christmas shows. But I love it..not him so it hardly happens lol
  • I know exactly what you mean. I'm sorry. From every I'm reading it sounds like u know this isn't the person for you. And it's hard because of the kids but if your not happy and get treated horribly your children will not be happy. Soo in my opinion if you know u need to move on then follow your heart.
  • Yeah I can imagine, especially with 2 kids. :( Try not to think of the good and what you miss and remember the bad and why you guys are in this situation. I'm here if u need to talk!
  • @Jules @ExcitedForOctober thank you ladies!!! Y'all are so sweet. I have more support from y'all on here than people I've met. I wish we all lived close then problems wouldn't be so hard to handle.
  • That would be nice! I agree with you there. I have very supportive family and great friends but they are very busy. And I don't like feeling like I'm in the way when they already have lots to deal with themselves. But I hope everything works out for the best for you!
  • This sounds just like my soon to be ex husband...notice how I said soon to be? ;-) When someone loves someone they try everything to make it work and they would never put themselves first. Sounds like he's not there for love...let him go hun.
  • Wow, he sounds like he has the emotional maturity of a 14 year-old! That kind of black &white thinking (either your with me or against me) is stereotypical of an abuser (and borderline personality disorder). I was with someone like that in my late teens. I didn't realize the mental, emotional and spiritual toll the relationship was taking on me until well after I left him. A person who truly loves you will want what is best for you andhis children...not what's best for him!!!
  • sounds like all he cares about is he's self. he should give u the truck ur the one that has the kids u dnt need some one like this n urs or ur kids life u think he might b doing drugs the way he's acting sounds like my friends husband I always tell her to leave him she knows it but she keeps hanging on I'm sry u have to go threw this I would just cry and get over it then keep hurting kids prefer not to see fighting or arguing I pray u get the strength to stay away or pray u have a full change man
  • @CristinaLynn You're so right, thank you. :) When I think about the crap, letting go is easy, but when I think about the good, it's so freakin' hard!

@Math_Mommy Yes, he's not very mature at all. He's 22 and I'm 24 but we definitely act different. We (him included), often thought he was bi-polar. He would be happy the smallest thing would happen and he'd be livid. And yes, he seems like all he cares about is himself. If he didn't, then me possibly getting a car other than his, wouldn't cause him to leave me.

@Roxy I agree with you. I know he doesn't do drugs because his job does randoms once a week but his behavior is really sketchy. I wish it wasn't this way but it's not something I can change in him. Trust me, I've tried. I've walked on eggshells to make that man happy and still, he finds something wrong with me. By far I am not perfect but I am a good girlfriend and great mother. I mean, I've pointed out the negative things about him in this post and there are tons of good things but it's just hard to notice those when the crappy stuff is outweighing the rest. *sigh*
  • He was just using that as an excuse. He did it for you can think it was your fault. Stay strong love and forget him. I can bet 50 bucks that he is going to come back. He is going to try to get back with you. He was just being(is) stupid. Stay strong n keep your head up high.
  • I hate men that get angry fast and over nothing and then wanna take it out on everyone even family
  • @MyLove2 me too..I guess I just got used to it. Which I guess made it my fault. His mom was always like"honey sometimes people take it out on those they love most"but I don't do that.. He said last week "if we break up, I'm not going to hide in a corner crying and cutting myself" I was like "wow so you wouldn't be upset?" he said " yeah but it's not like I'd isolate myself from the world..I'd move on" I was thinking damn! He's heartless. I wouldn't cut myself either but I wouldn't run out and not feel a thing.
  • edited December 2012
    From my experience with men alot of them get over relationships fast... Us on the other hand beat ourselves up over it... If he's willing to drop you like a dime it's not worth it and neither is he..