this is happening in my area

edited December 2012 in Pregnant
There's a school in my area a town over called steubenville big red high school. They are known for their football team being the best in the valley. A few months ago a girl came forward and accused a few boys on the football team of raping her. It took them a week to cover and investigate the rape. The only reason she knew was because she was drugged and pictures were taken and posted on social networking sites. The football players were treated like gold and the poor girl who is only fifteen was treated like a liar and a piece of crap for accusing the boys. This took place at multiple parties in the area including the house of an assistant football coach. Since the rape the media and police have done everything they could to cover up the rape because of the athletics at big red. Well a group of people called anonymus got a hold of the story. They are trting to seek justice for this girl. They hacked big reds website (rollredroll.com ) and found emails from a COACH that prove the rape and photos were premeditated. There are protests taking place this and next Saturday to fight for this girl. I for one am glad! These boys think that playing football for shs gives them a free pass for life! It doesn't work like that. Roseanne Barr is coming to show her support as well! Search Anonymus and #oprollredroll and #knightsec. This needs to be brought to peoples attention and this girl needs justice!

Comments

• That's horrible!!!!
  • It really is. The teachers, coaches, abd parents are doing everything they can to cover this up and let these boys get away with it because they're star atheletes. They think they're royalty and invincible because that's what they're taught and how theyre brought up in this area. Its disgusting and unfair.
  • See imo thats were the parents come in. I know for a fact if that happened to me my father would have killed them and I would to. At the very least my father would take a bat to their legs, bc they would never play football again. I understand the law is there for a reason but it doesn't seem to work.
    Did this girl not go to the hospital for a rape kit? I don't believe that doctors would lie and risk their careers for high school football player(s). If she was drugged there would be damage. You have to be careful with stuff like this without a rape kit it her word against theirs. Some girls think it fun to do shit like that and change their mind after the fact. It just not always as cut and dry as it seems.

For example my sil has accused at 5 people including my husband, bil, an uncle and a boy with downs. Needless to say that when she cries rape nobody listens. Even a boy she was caught having sex with later it turned to rape. my point isthat it's a lot of people risking there lives and families stability if they were to get caught in this. They would lose their jobs or be charged with obstruction. I think there has to be more than what the general public knows.
  • There was a rape kit. Its all out in the open now. Emails proving premeditation, cover ups and lies. This area is so obsessed its unreal. They're the golden boys around here. And I agree with parents needing to step in. They've hacked multiple email accounts, websites, obtained pictures, etc. Type anonymus #oprollredroll into your search engine. There are many different opinions out there. Either way, the whole situation is pretty screwed up.
  • I love Anonymus! I'm glad they helped her.
  • What is anonymous?
  • Another example of how disgusting this world is. I'm glad there r people supporting this poor girl. I can't imagine all that she's going thru right now.
  • edited December 2012
    Anonymous is hard to explain @stella but maybe this wil help:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)
  • ^^^ not sure why "group" isn't in the link, but it has to be in the url to go to the right page.
  • Anonymus is a group who has been around for yeara helping people who have been wronged. They fight for justice for those who were denied it. There is a peaceful protest going on right now for this girl. A lot of people have gone even though we got eight inches of snow over night. Id be there too if I hadn't got snowed in. @wilsomom its nice to know there are people who will fight for what's right when necessary isn't it?
  • Is this the case in steubenville oh? The video in this case was not new to the case The boys are set to start trials next month
  • Yes it is. And no the video is not new. Its been going on sincr August. Anonymus got involved the day after christmas. There have been two rallies. I went to the last one. Definitely the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @myfirstbabii what are they called on utube
  • Anonymous is a group of hackers. Although I'm glad they help out in situations like this, they are anti-law enforcement and hacked into several agencies' websites to release personal information of deputies and the like. Addresses were released so people could hunt cops down at their homes and get "justice". Just throwing this out there for people wondering who anonymous is.
  • @molly I am not really seeing how they even helped much in this case. Besides getting the public involved the prosecutor already had this video. Don't get me wrong the little shits should be castrated but idk how anonymous is really helping. Except that they are trying to have the trial moved now.
  • @molly I didn't know that! :O My son told me all about them but only the good stuff.
  • @char I understand your point totally.

@Wilsomom Yes it is very scary! I'm not sure how many states were affected but it happened here in MO. I was appalled when I learned that they did that. Btw, I hope things are getting better with your teen sons!
  • @molly thank you, much better for the moment...fingers crossed it stays that way lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.