PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... I need help. Should i or should i not....

2»

Comments

• I personally chose not to. I just saw no reason for it. As long as you take care of it and keep him cleaned and to teach him to clean it himself. My husband is natural so i wanted my baby the same.
  • I don't want to take over the thread but just wanted to say how proud i am of my fellow preglies i have seen circumcition threads go very bad very fast. And everyone has stated their options very respectfully yea \:D/ :X
  • Its not a necessary procedure. Completely cosmetic and a painful thing to put your son through. The foreskin is there to protect the penis,and in no way hinders its ability to function. Furthermore, it could desensitize him and he may never be able to enjoy sex when he gets to that stage. It could heal improperly. Its there for a reason, please leave your son intact!!
  • U only pull the skin back to clean under it AFTER it us healed. Do not touch it b4 hand just gob Vaseline on it.
  • @alymaries i agree that is not necessary on some kids, but Im leaning more towards doing it because i know it'll be easier for him to keep it clean. My ob has done this procedure for years and has always been successful, even one of her nurses had her son done with her because of how good she is. I know that doesn't mean my baby will turn out the same because kids are different, but i would feel very guilty if he had to get it done once he's older just like my dad, brother a few cousins and nephews had had to do.
    Im just kind of in the middle right now. I totally respect your decision though, there is not wrong with getting it done or not... its just personal choice :)
  • We choose to have our son's done last year due to religious reasons, and personal preferences aswell. We plan to get this little guy's done aswell as soon as I have him. I know with my first son, the procedure was quick, he didn't cry much, but he did sleep a lot more after. I was told by the nurses he would because I guess they gave him something for the pain. Not sure if other hospitals do that. Regardless... I was pretty terrified about it too before he got it done, but it wasn't as bad as I had expected.
  • We all have different opinions and have the right to do what we think is best for our children. Thats what we do as parents. There's no right or wrong answer. Either way, I wish you luck!
  • Like I stated above I didn't do it with my son but I do have the fears of him needing it later as some have stated so its kinda damned if you do damned if don't in the event that it must be done later in life. But most definitely a personal choice. :)
  • @alymarie You are completely right. Thank you! I have a lot of thinking to do. My hubby is totally for it, but im not strong enough to just leave it up to him... so I'll be having the last word lol.

@soon2b3 it really is, and that's why im in the middle. I have so much thinking to do.

@everyone thank you very much for your help. Everyone's input is helpful! Like we've all said before, there's no right or wrong answer it just personal choice. I know you all did what you thought was best :)