any suggestions??

edited July 2013 in Pregnant
My 19 month old learned how to climb out of his crib. He is not ready for a toddler bed at all! What can I do? I would put him in there when I took my shower and feel like I'm going to go nuts!

Comments

• They sell a special canopy that can go over the bed, not sure what it's called but maybe you could google it.
  • Is the mattress as low as it can go? I know the canopy works well. My friend got one for her son and it kept him from escaping :)
  • A small toddler bed its really close to the floor .
  • That's what my sister suggested was the canopy but it was recalled last year :/ @wilsomom @stillsurprised it is at the lowest setting but I was thinking of just unhooking the metal frame that holds the mattress up and putting the mattres in and having it touch the ground. The bottom of the crib is low enough that the mattress will still reach the crib slats. Do you guys think that would be to unsafe? I just can't have him running loose we just moved in with my dad so the rooms are filled with stacked boxes I'd rather wait til we get in our new house before we try the toddler bed
  • I figured it was, but just thought I would ask. Maybe you can try it and see if you feel it is safe.