to circ. little boys or not

Comments

• It is healthier for boys to be circumcised because it lowers the risk of uti's and can lessen the chance of catching std's y'all should look up the benefits of circumcison there are more pro's than con's
  • My 2 boys r an yea pretty sure in junior high when they started makin u take showers after gym or when u played sports ud get made fun of if u were still flat an boys will make fun of other boys just like y girls like to talk crap thats how life is an it sucks but my boys were done cuz my lil brother wasnt an he ended up having to have surgery Idk wat exactly happened cuz i was only 3 but it was my choice as it is every parents but u do hav that little worry if other ppl such as a family member daycare provider anyone who watches them may not kno they hav to do that specially larger daycares who have more staff an employee young girls that were actually clueless my kids didnt stay there kong oblivously
  • I know a guy that didnt get it till he was 18 and it was rough..i think its better to do it at birth..you dont want them being uncomfortable with themselves growing up and it just seems sooo much better to do it when they wont remember it!
  • I think I will not circumcise my little boy so that I won't have to worry about chasing girls away from him cuz he won't be losing his virginity for a while. Lol just kidding. I would do it if I have a boy, I don't see why you wouldn't. Saves the kid from embarrassment when he gets a girlfriend and is at the age to start having sex and being made fun of in gym class or being on a sports team where he will have to shower and channge in front of other boys
  • I agree with ashabash!!!!
  • It looks the same when the skin is pulled back. My fiance isn't snipped but he sometimes wishes he was. He said its a lot more sensitive than what a snipped penis is. He cleans his everyday and after sex. But he's also a neat freak lol he wants to be snipped. It doesn't bother me and im not grossed out. I don't see how sanitation would be a problem if you teach them how to clean it properly and check it. When we have a baby if its a boy we will have him snipped. Just so it wont be so sensitive:)
  • Also most high schools don't have open showers anymore. None where I live do because they voted against it. But idk about other places...
  • No its not chopping off a ARM or body "part" however if they said it was cleaner to get Ur daughters clitirus cut off like the use to do In some countries would u do it? Food for thought I say even getting Ur boys done it can still grow back my grandfathers 83 n has to go get redone 80 odd years later. Cleaner or not I feel its something that they them self should choose to do like most things in life. My oldest @ 4 in kinder ask y was his friends skin already out ? Cause the went to the toilet 2gether I told him that some ppl don't have it they have it cut off when there little he's like that's silly mum.
  • edited March 2011
    @jay_brad I didn't feel I was never embarrassed at not having a circumcision. also when ur having sex the fore skin doesn't stay up. it kinda hours away when ur fully erect. idk. I never have had any issues w it. n u do lose sensitivity in the head if u had it done. but then again like some one else already said. u won't miss what u didn't have. I just dont think its necessary to have it done.
  • edited March 2011
    @kara_lamek iv never had to b like super clean deal or anythin about it. I just clean it like u would any normal private part during a.shower. I dont clean it after sex. unless I shower after sex.
  • Lol I read somewhere that if barbie was real her measurements would make it impossible for her to walk upright
  • My uncircumcised boyfriend laughs at the dumbness (his opinion) of this discussion. His foreskin doesn't get in the way, he isn't embarrassed, it doesn't get infected. Who else is gunna see it anyway?
  • My 3 year old is not, this new baby won't be....little boys I have babysat, etc. weren't and I have literally never seen this 'green goo' ...its a heated topic though, my opinion is that if you have actually done your research and really considered it and made a decision then fine, we can agree to disagree.
  • I left it to my husband and he chose to circ. Wasn't a pain to take care of, didn't mutilate him, and he was in a very small amount of pain. Spent the whole time sleeping. But we did it because there is a chance of foreskin cancer and how well do little boys really clean themselves all three time. I've also heard of the nasty green goop that can develop. We did our research and came to our own choice. You need to do the same and don't need to debate it with anyone else. Each persons choice is their business. This topic is way too hot for any debate anywhere. Just do your research and stand by your choice.
  • So true @firsttimedaddy yes @mama_bee its just a topic no matter how long ppl talk about no1s gonnA b right it wrong there lots of things we should do then to stop things from happening stop breathing we might get cancer , stop having kids cause were gonna due 1 day any 1 way
  • @caroline8_p thats exactly how I feel. @Mommytoaprince exactly. its everyone own decision
  • This is my first, and we don't know what we're having yet, but if it's a little boy, I would have him snipped for sanitary (sp?) Reasons, but that's just me. I wouldn't want something like that cause him problems in the long run.
  • My husband is not circumcised and be said it was up to me on whether we have a son he is or isn't. We have looked at the positives and negatives and I honestly feel the only negative to not getting it done is the high prevalence of men who get it done here on the US. My husband had never had a problem keeping clean and it never is a problem for us sexually. I believe I will keep my baby intact if we have a boy.
  • I had my son done. At the hospital I was in, they do the plastiball, which does not require any cutting or special care afterwards. And if this baby is a boy as well, we will have him done as well. Its totally just a personal choice, either way. I work with a girl whose son had to have it done when he was 5...he was having problems with infection. And she is a maternity nurse, so she knows how to properly clean it and all. She said it was the worst thing ever, and wished she had it done as a baby. Thats why I chose to have my son done.
  • Also someone mentioned the religious aspect of circumcision. It goes back to the old testament, Genesis, when God makes a covenant with Abraham. He tells Abraham that all of his male descendants should be circumcised on the ninth day to represent the covenant. The Jewish community still holds to this practice by having what is called a brisk. Just some side info for those who were wondering. Also just another bit of info for those who are considering circumcision. Babies usually meet there peak prothrombin time (blood clothing) at 9 days, so though most doctors will do the procedure before baby leaves hospital it may be medically safer if you took your baby out patient and had the procedure done.
  • My husband is cut & both of my sons aren't. Not only did I not want that unnecessary pain for them but when they get older & have sex they'll have more sensation & feeling so I see it as me hooking them up to be damn good lovers in the future. Teach proper hygiene young and there won't be a problem. Good luck <3
  • @firsttimedaddy he just likes to always be clean that's why he cleans it after sex. But he said he's never been embarrassed by his penis either. I tell him it has a sleeping bag lol when he's not hard Haha
  • Here are my husband's thoughts: "I have a good sex drive and desire sex like any man would, however, due to being circumcised as a baby, I have no feeling in my penis at all. The only stimulation I have is when my wife stimulates my nipples. This is very frustrating knowing you are healthy sexually but really you can't enjoy the fullness of the pleasure. I say it's downright wrong to cut away what nature intended for our good. We are so culturally ingrained to the point that we would continue doing harm to each other without thinking rationally."
  • It is really a matter of preference. My son is not circumsized and it isn't that hard to clean at all. I honestly couldn't afford having it done, especially when there is no real medical reason to do it, hence why most insurance companies do not cover it anymore. If the father is snipped and he wants his son snipped that is common especially to allieviate the childs fear of him being different. As for the locker room this first they do have stalls nowaday plus statistically speaking there are just as many uncircumsized boys as there are boys who are circumsized.

As for the ear piercing, I don't know why, but I think it is horrible. Not because it is painful or even ugly, but because I think that should be the childs choice when they become a certain age. I asked my almost eight year old if she wanted earring because everyone wanted to take her to get it done, however her words to me were I don't need holes in my ears to make me pretty. Im pretty just the way I am right mom? And that just justified to me my opinion on it.

And no, there is nothing wrong with having any of these things done, these are just my personal opinions that I felt like sharing.
  • My husband is circumsized & my sons aren't. The only difference that they noticed was dads penis is bigger. If you makeit appear to be different then they'll see it like that if not then its just normal. Now that they're older they understand some people are circumsized & some are not but either way they're normal. <3
  • We are opting not to have it done. I am a nurse and have spent countless hours researching the risks and benefits. Our decision was made after my bd saw videos on each and every way it is done.
    As a society we find it apalling to even talk of circumsizing a girl, yet so many think nothing of doing that to a boy.
    There is a reason that insurance companies will not pay for the procedure anymore, and many pediatricians will not perform it. Circumcision rates in the US have dropped significantly in the last decade. Whether you choose to have it done to your son or not, he will not be an outcast later in life.
    Do not make any rash decisions. Take the time to research risks and benefits from reputable sources. Watch vidoes of how it is done (YouTube has some, but make sure they are from a dr or hospital). If you have the chance, ask to watch one in real life. I have seen a number of them in my career, and some are worse than others.
    I guess what I am saying is educate yourself.
  • I'm having a little boy and i'm leaving it up to his daddy. He isn't curcumsized and has never had an infection since we have been together (6years) i just think that you have to learn and teach them well how to clean themselves as with wiping after they go number 2. Either way doesn't matter to me as long as he's healthy and happy =)
  • I had my son circumsized. It only took a few minutes, and he was perfectly fine and happy just minutes after. They numb it up. and its forgotten within minutes. My ex was not and he had nothing but issues all the time. And he was very faithfull with cleaning and all. And I don't care what anyone says, IT SMELLS!! And always caused issues with sex. My best friends husband isn't either and he has issues with sex because of it. My step son is not either, and he hates it. Has had issues with it, and has even talked to our dr about having it done now. My friends son HAD to be circumsized at 12 because it got infections over and over. And skin started attaching to the head. And they weren't able to cure what ever it was. It was awefull for him, and now he's 15 and hasn't had a prob since! Just seems like a lot of work and worry if you don't. IF you do, its done and no issues for the rest of life. And its NOT mutilation, its not like were chopping off a limb, or binding up their feet! Its just a very small peice of skin. And I think most guys would choose to have it done if they could.