getting cut from hole to hole

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did perineal massage with my first, not really a massage but gentle tugging until area starts to tingle. Used coconut oil. Obviously helped cause didn't tear at all. Most docs in Saskatchewan don't cut since the skin acts like a piece of fabric; very strong and stretchy but make a tiny cut and it will rip all the way. If u wanna avoid it, ask ur doc or mdwf about their opinion and rates of both tears and epis. Get statistical numbers not vague answers. Much u can do to prepare before hand, crowning is not a time for thoughtful decisions.
  • In case anyone is wondering I got curious and looked up perineal massages. It said don't start later than 4 weeks left. :) I love my natural birthing site.
  • Don't let your doctor tell you they have to do it. I pushed out a 8 lb 11oz baby without being cut or tearing. My midwife told me regular doctors do it just to hurry things up because they have so many patients.
  • I didn't tear with my daughter because she was on the smaller side, 6lbs7oz. But, just because one person is able to push out a big baby without tearing, doesn't mean that every woman can do the same. We're all built differently. Do your research and talk with your Dr beforehand, that way when the time comes, if a decision needs to be made, you'll be well informed.
  • Every woman's body is made up differently, my niece was five 14 & my sister had a 3rd degree tear. And she is an average sized woman. As well u work un a maternity unit, I've seen some of the craziest things happen a my co worker is 5'7" & 135lbs when she delivered her 9lbs baby boy, nor one tear, not one stretch mark & he was her first baby. Genetics has a lot to do with the outcomes of labor too, don't take into consideration how well your friend did, see how your mom,aunts, or sisters birthing experiences were.