Braxton Hicks :(

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
I just hit 30 weeks today!! I'm due May 28th with my first little boy and I just started feeling braxton hicks tonight. Just wondering when everyone else began feeling them and what gender the baby was.

Comments

• I am 34wks and having a boy, but I haven't had any braxton hicks yet. I heard it is your body preparing, I kind of wish I knew a little bit what labor was gonna be like and I hope my body is still preparing even when I'm not getting them. Goos luck to you mama, hang in there. Your precious will be here soon!
  • Is he your first baby?
  • I think I was somewhere around 32 weeks when mine kicked in and I ended up having a girl.
  • I'm 32 wks and I already get braxton hicks...im duy may 07
  • Im only 20 weeks and pregnant with twin boys. I get braxton Hicks every couple hours and it sucks :/ Hang in there girl!
  • 31 weeks and def have had them I hate them lol!!
  • edited March 2011
    18weeks this time 3rd pregnancy, someone hates me lol, due may 21
  • I was around 28 weeks when mine really started kicking in. Ill be 32 weeks tomorrow and im having a lil girl.
  • @SoooAbby

That's odd. I've never heard of braxton hicks coming and going so frequently. I read up on them and that doesn't sound normal although you are having twins but your still so early. Have you talked to your doctor about them? If not I think you should.
  • I'm having a boy & my braxton hicks started when I was like 20 weeks I'm 28w 5d now and they continue to come & go lol
  • He said thy were all normal even though weirdly frequent, he's heard of them starting at 12 weeks so I dnt think its to out of the normal.
  • Are braxton hicks more pressure or pain? Do you feel them more in your back or pelvic area? If you can feel them in one or the other is it any indication of wether you'll have back labor pains or pelvic labor pains?Sorry, I know my questions don't have to do with the original post but I've been wondering these things and it looks like the mommies in this post know what they're talking about.
  • Something happened with the website forgetting what email i used so I had to create a new account. I had to change my username slightly but i'm still Angel's mommy!!! lol
  • @mommys1stbundle

They may feel different for many women but it's generally a tightening of the lower abdomen. They typically last about an hour at most and unlike labor contractions do not get worse with time, instead they ease up and go away shortly.
  • @mommys1stbundle ... lol they are more like pressure to me.. ur belly just tightens up & feels really hard.. and it doesn't determine wether u'll have back or pelvic labor.. for that you'll just have to find out on ur own
  • KatKat
    edited March 2011
    Mines started at bout 24 weeks wit a baby gurl due june 3