waiting for amnio results...

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
And driving myself crazy!! I have a gut feeling the results are going to come back positive for downs syndrome, I just know it. Im freaking out because I can't do it. Im single, unemployed, living with my mom, and im only 21. Im in no way considering terminating my pregnancy but I am very much considering adoption. Another family who can handle the responsibility of raising a special needs child is the best option. Im not ready and I don't have what it takes. I didn't even want a baby yet. Does this make me a bad person? I have absolutely nothing against people with downs syndrome, I think they're beautiful souls and amazing individuals. But im just not the best option for this baby. Uhhhgg I feel like crap and im totally stressing out. I really don't know what to do :-S

Comments

• Realax honey.... is there any reason y ur baby may have den syndrom? ..... I just got blood wrk check for dwn syndrome too... just have faith ....
  • Just Wondering why u got an amnio at 21 cause they r mostly done for women in their mid 30's plus. You should be fine try not to stress & think positive not the worst.you'll b in my prayers.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm 23 and had to get blood work for downs too. It's just precautionary. I don't know much about amnio testing though. But I had the option. If you do not believe you're ready, then it would be a blessing for another family. But I would not stress, if it doesn't run in your family. You're still young.
  • @neek and @RUSerious tripple screening at 15 weeks came back positive with a 1in67 chance. Was referred to a periantologist where they found baby girl has an enlarged kidney which is a marker for d.s. they offered me an amniocentisis then and I refused. Yesterday I had another appointment with the periantologist and her kidney was still enlarged and her head is also measuring small (33rd percentile) so they again recommended I do the amnio and this time I decided to do it. I wont get the results until tomorrow or thursday but im definitely freaking out. Its no fun waiting.
  • My niece has downs. My sister in law was 21. She is. Single mom and they do fine. They have family support are active in the downs community. It's not the end of the world my niece is a happy almost 6yr old loving girl. Hang in there momma.
  • No it doesn't make you a bad person
    I'm afraid my baby might come out with DS and if he does I might have to consider adoption as well b/c I'm not really even in the position for a second child yet alone a second child with special needs I agree with you on your view of adoption the child would be better off with a family that can provide the child's special needs with no struggle no problem
    I pray everything gets better for you and your little girl
  • My stepson has downs and he was no more difficult than any other child...he is so full of love and light its amazing what a great kid he is..he just brings a smile to anyones face he comes in contact with... adoption is a good alternative if you feel you can't handle this, i would hope there are families out there who would love to have that baby :)