Who's going in the room with you???

edited March 2011 in Giving birth
So with my first child it was my boyfriend and mother in the room with me but this time around I'm thinking just my boyfriend. My mom and I are close and she might not be to happy with that!

So ladys who are you planning on having in the room with you? Any taping going on? And hom many people does your hospital let in the room?

Comments

• My hubby and 2 sisters! If they let me have that many. Lol, they did with my sister so.....well see.
  • NO tapeing! Just pics!
  • I'm pretty private so my husband and my sister. My sister is going to go to Med school next year so I thought it'd be nice for her to see. Plus she'll tape. :) My parents and his parents wanted to but they also understand how private I am and are okay not being in the room. :)
  • My bf, my mom and my other kids...my sac is all for siblings being in the room to experience the birth...They will be up by my head...my oldest is 8 and can't wait he has seen all his brothers be born and so proud of it :)...congrats and good luck
  • With our first little girl it was just me and my hubby. I LOVED it! He was very supportive, I didn't have to listen to anyone else trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't do and to breathe it was a very peaceful birth. Same will happen this time with our second little girl. :)
  • I'm homebirthing so I will have my midwife, mom, hubby, and 2 year old son . Everyone else can wait in my livingroom until I'm done. Definatly taping. My last birth was at the hospital all natural, but we were not allowed to tape, so if anything went wrong we wouldn't be able to sue as easily :( can't wait to have video of my amazing experience :)
  • I think am going to just have my hubby and mom in the room.
  • Just my bf and 2 sisters! If him and my sisters can get along for that long!
  • @praying4our3rd I agree!!! That's how me and my hubby feel as well :)
  • Just my husband. Everyone else adds onto the stress. Haha. Ladies that plan on taping, I would ask my hospital if its ok. Most hospitals will not let you.
  • The hospital doesn't let us tape but it would be nice to. I think I'm more nervous thing time around then before don't know why.
  • Only da father cuz I hve 2 hve a c-sectn
  • Just my fiance. He was the only one there making the baby so he is the only one going to be in there! Lol with our son he was the only one there too. Its a special moment that I want us to only share. I don't think there is anything wrong with people having people in there, but its private for my fiance and me.
  • just me and boyfriend this is my first and his first time being in the room (he has a 13yr but was not there when she was born)
  • I'm FROM CT!!! anyone else?
  • I'm 23 but still a mommys girl LOL so most likely her & my bf.
  • Hartford hospital. I delivered my son there too! They did a great job!
  • I am also from ct. Due april 2nd at Middlesex hospital
  • My hospital rocks and they allow whoever you want in the room because the room is so big and i think i will be taping it from above so u can't see everything! Lol i think my mom, my mil, my sister and my hubs will be there!
  • Your right around the corner!! I'm delivering on Monday. C section unfortunately but its a repeat. Wish you luck!
  • Just my husband and no taping. Everyone else can wait to see the baby.
  • Thanks!!! :-)
  • @rosesm730 I'm from CT live in middletown delivering at New Britain hospital. They did a great job with my first. Good luck with c section
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks!! I am nervous about it but it Is for the best!! B-)
  • This is my 3rd I having my husband my aunt my 2 kids and I have a couple of teenage neices and nephews who want it so we'll see what the hospital saya
  • in the uk we're only allowed 2 birthing partners as a policy so will have my bf and my mom :)
  • I think I'm going to have my hubby and my sister in there with me. My mom and his mom will just make it waaaaaayyyy to stressful!
  • Baby daddy and mom