first appointment

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
Is coming up so soon! Its on Wednesday and right now I'm 8 weeks and 6 days ill be 9 weeks and three days though. What can I expect from my first appointment!? Will I get an ultrasound?

Comments

• Probably not theyll do a pelvic exam and blood work weight check and vitals background health info congrats and good luck
  • Thanks man I'm hoping they will do one just to make sure the baby is growing properly
  • They usually wait until twenty weeks or so unless ur a high risk pregnancy
  • Dang that's a long time lol well bummer I was hoping to hear my babies heart beat
  • I didn't get to hear that till after twelve weeks only was able to hear it cuz I was pretty small although im pretty popped out now
  • My first appointment is Wednesday too!! I'm SO excited! Even though I know it's a pelvic exam and pap smear. Eww. But they'll do a sonogram and you'll get to hear the heart beat (an ultrasound is the picture, the sonogram is the heartbeat), and your doc should sit and talk with you about what to expect from apointments and from pregnancy, give you some pointers, probably some magazines or a pregnancy book. And you should take a list of any questions you have.
  • Also my mom bought me an at home heart listening device from walmart didn't hear anything on it till second trimester though
  • I got pictures of my baby at 8 weeks it looks like a little shrimp
  • I'm gonna try and get some to lol beg the doctor
  • I go for more on the 9th I'm 11 weeks rite now
  • Yay yea I really want one to make sure the baby is growing and what not I don't think I have gained any weight
  • I didn't gain any weight really either I was 150 before I was pregnant an when I went to the doctor I was only 153 but you should only gain 20 pounds do don't rush it you will gain weight
  • Yea i was around 140-145lbs before I got pregnant so I hope I gained a little
  • You could of but if you didn't don't worry you will how far along are you
  • I'm 8 weeks an 6 days today but ill be 9 weeks and 3 days at my appointment
  • My.apt is Wednesday too :)
  • Yay! Haha are you excited
  • Is this your first baby??
  • Well if they you do have an ultrasound it will be with this stick thing that they put in your stuff to see the baby better
  • Ohh ok well all I really care about is that my baby has a heart beat for now lol
  • That's all I cared about to its not really that bad plus you get to see your little shrimp
  • My first appt is Wednesday too! This is #3 for me. I have a 3 and 7 yr old both girls. When I scheduled my appt my doc wanted an ultrasound too. I've had early ultrasound every pregnancy. The first one has always been vaginal. Congrats to you all.
  • I'm schedueling mines asap don't know what to expect first pregnancy.
  • My first apt is thursday, I do not know the date of my last period so there is confusion as to how far along I am, so I am hoping they will do an ultrasound to check.