When is everyone starting to buy for baby?...

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Im 14 weeks and 5days today, and as me and my fiance are only young and dont have that much money, we went with my mother-in-law to be to a carboot sale today and bought some lovely things, like a brand new moses basket and stand for £10. I think its amazing what new stuff they sell that cheap. With me only being nearlly 15 weeks, is it too early? :/ ive also bought some sleepsuits and newborn bottle starter set...hope im not jynxing things by buying no :S

Comments

• I don't think its too early. I am only 11 weeks and have started making purchases already. We just can't wait and buy it all last nminute. We are buying a little here and a little there so we don't spend tons of money at one time in the end.
  • I am 13w2d and found out im having a girl and I have 3 boys already so I wana go shopping NOW
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats to you both :)
    Im seeing my midwife on Thursday, then i have to wait until May 5th to find out if its a boy or girl :( i hate waiting, i wanna know now lol it would make shopping so much easier :)
  • As soon as I find out what were having, after april 11
  • I bought a crib this pregnancy at 6mon bcuz it was on sale n it also have a 3mon window to b returned... with my first I started buying after the baby showering which I had at 34wks
  • Ive bought a moses baskett, bouncer, walker and a my first baby grow set, im 12w 2d and got all that about 8w, only cos i got it all for £20. If u see a bargain get it. Im gonna start gettin some bits and bobs like nappys and stuff cos ur always gonna need them. Plus i feel better now i kno its got a strong heart beat n everythn is fine. Iv gta wait til june 1st to find out gender :( x
  • It's not too early at all, I started buying things for my baby from 2 months. I started off buying small things like nappies and wipes and mittens but now I'm just over 18 weeks and I've only big the big stuff to buy. I would buy especially when you see offers and deals on stuff. That way you don't have to buy all at once at last minute or near the end x
  • I've started buying too and I'm 13wks 1dy
  • I'm 22 weeks and my mom and boyfriend keep telling me not to buy anything because I should " wait for my baby shower." IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY ! I secretly have bought a blanket and some lotion but its hidden in my closet lol I know they are both being practical because I don't make much money either but I say if its something you know you will want still in 2 days buy it,but if not wait until after your shower!
  • I am only 8 weeks next week, got a few bits in asda sale at week 5 and got a few odd bits since then. Luckily gettin alot of free stuff from family but will be buying bits all the way to spread the cost so don't worry at all! I just wish i knew sex so i could buy more clothes! Good luck x
  • In one way i dont wanna be buying big things yet as to not jynx anything bad happening, but on the otherhand i REALLY wanna buy what we can now, especially while im still able to actually move ^^haha
  • I started buying at 18 weeks when I had my first ultra sound.
  • All my baby books say about 16 wks that way ur out of the main risk for misscarriage...
  • I Really like too shop, especially sales. So when I find things I get them. I've vem buying in store & online since 8wks. Only problem is I don't know what it is yet & have been buying both sexes. I have young nieces/nephews w/one more on the way. so whatever I don't use I can return, or giver as gifts. But I do realize there is plenty of time throughout a pregnancy to buy.
  • Burlington is the cheapest place for Baby... Ugghhh fell in love with everything there. And if u register your email, youll recieve coupons thru the mail.... I bought me a beautiful stroller with matchn carseat. Reg price $199. Sale price $169. 20% coupon $135!
  • Some things you should hold on....bottles, because some babes need different ones, formula if not breastfeeding. Stock up on bibs, oneZ's, socks, diapers, sleepers, Johnson & Johnson oh and totally the wants, but wait on some for baby shower. Not like people friends and family are not giving. I hope to get hooked up a bit. We only afford necessities. Good luck to all :)
  • I WAS ALWAYS TOLD NEVER TO BUY B4 6MONTHS CUZ U DON'T WANNA JINX URSELF. THAT'S JUST SOMETHING THAT HAD ALWAYS STUCK WITH ME N EVERYONE THAT I KNOW. IT'S VERY EXCITING TO SHOP BUT I'M VERY PATIENT N LIKE A LOT OF PPL U DON'T WANT TO BUY ALL @ ONE TIME BECAUSE OF FINANCES. THAT'S Y I LEARNED TO JUST SAVE MONEY ! THAT 20 ON A BLANKET PUT IT UP, IT ALL ADDS UP IN THE END ....... THAT'S JUST ME
  • I started buying neutral stuff at 12w 2d, found out thursday im having a girl and im going nuts now its never to early but id recomend after ur first trimester
  • @GACONTRERAS U FOUND OUT THAT EARLY? OMG!
  • I'm waiting until 20 wks. I already have a lot of stuff from last time, so its just a matter of sorting through it all. I want to wait until I know what I'm having.
  • I have not bought stuff yet but I keep looking at stuff my step mom has lots of stuff because she has a little one and she told me that I could have them lol if I have a boy of course
  • My little girl has a full closet of clothes and I'm 15weeks today. Her godmother is a beast... she shops daily... I went to baby depot on Thursday and got overwhelmed... and just bought clothes... its so much... got a cool belly cast mold, to hang as art... I'm gonna put some big items on my registry... I'm gonna have 2 showers...
  • As soon as I find out the gender ima hve my baby shower.si thn wateva I dnt get I kn buy
  • U kn find out @ 12wks???? I didnt kno last time til 15wks :) maybe I kan kno wen,i go on the 7th ill b 12 and a half thn
  • @supermom405... I had a nuchal ultrasound at 12 weeks and that's how I found out... its a magnified us and I saw everything...
  • @marriedwith_4 not at 12 weeks. I started buying neutral stuff at 12w and found out last thursday @ 16w 2d its a girl...
  • OH, LOL ! CONGRATULATIONS
  • I think u should go ahead and get all u can...baby wont let u get anything when its here..i already have furniture at 12 wks