ANYBODY THINKING ABOUT BREASTFEEDING?

2»

Comments

• i would do that to my unborn baby. I fed my two kids up to 6 months. However, i m hoping to stay breastfeed till 1year then i can stop. also, i would get milk storage reuse cups because when i will be out without kids so my fiance can use milk frozen out of ref. warm it up and feed baby. You can put milk in freeze up to 3 months only... be sure to put date on it and use it before 3 months expired.
  • Breatfeeding is so good for you and your baby. I didn't know this til a week ago but it can prevent cervical and breast cancer in you and if you have a daughter her as well. I think that's pretty amazing, its free and it builds up your childs immune system. Im def going to breastfeed for as long as I can.
  • @mamaof2 the lady at WIC told me that. Its so I can get extra nutritious food while I breastfeed.
  • edited January 2011
    I plan on breastfeeding because of all the research I've done that says how beneficial it is for your baby. But I do have a question for the moms who have done this before...I've heard that your breasts appearance changes after breastfeeding that they sag and shrink. Any input would be appreciated!
  • Well they will prob be a little diffrent but my friend started with b cup and went all the way to e and she dosent sag. But everyone is diffrent.
  • I want to breast feed! Its my first but I heard it makes you lose your baby weight!
  • that s very true. breastfed helps lose weight.. you can feed your baby as long as you d like to.
  • Victoria B...ok what u gonna get is food.card ..looks like a lone star card or now call snaps....its has a list of.foods programed for u to get like peanut better eggs milk tuna bread jucies n cereal..
  • I am going to breast feed
  • Breastfeeding is great! Pumping is productive as long as you continue natural breastfeeding as well. Good luck!!
  • I breastfed w my first child and found it to be the best part of his bonding w me. He breastfed until he was one year old. I do believe if you can you should!
  • SEEMS LIKE ITS GONNA BE A LOT OF BREAST FEEDING! I HEARD IT WAS PAINFUL ALSO BUT IM STILL GONNA TRY IT. :( FOR THE FIRST SIX WKS THEN HOPEFULLY I CAN PUMP!! I WENT FROM A CUP-38 C CUP..ND IM HOPING THEY. DONT GROW ANYMORE
  • SEEMS LIKE ITS GONNA BE A LOT OF BREAST FEEDING! I HEARD IT WAS PAINFUL ALSO BUT IM STILL GONNA TRY IT. :( FOR THE FIRST SIX WKS THEN HOPEFULLY I CAN PUMP!! I WENT FROM A CUP-38 C CUP..ND IM HOPING THEY. DONT GROW ANYMORE
  • I breastfed my daughter and will bf this one too. Im buying the breastflow bottles from the first years because they really function like a breast, with compression and suction needed to express milk. Also getting electric pump from wic. Going to start looking for work almost as soon as this little one is born, and plan to bf for at least the first year.
  • SEEMS LIKE ITS GONNA BE A LOT OF BREAST FEEDING! I HEARD IT WAS PAINFUL ALSO BUT IM STILL GONNA TRY IT. :(
  • My cousin and I had babies 6days apart, I breastfed and she didn't. My daughter has been a healthy weight, over all healthy and a very good eater. My cousin's kid couldn't gain weight, was always sick n he's sooo picky of an eater. For me breastfeeding was easy and I did it for 6 months. Totaly plan on it with the second baby!
  • I mos def am!, u loose the baby weight quicker (%)
  • @mama_underpants had a very good suggestion. I am currently a nursing student, and during our rounds on the OB/GYN floor, we work with a lactation consultant. They really help new (and experienced!) mothers learn proper latching techniques and can offer tips to alleviate any pain or discomfort you may experience.

I'm still TTC, but after learning about all of the health benefits for both the baby and myself, I will most definitely be breastfeeding, unless I am medically or physically unable to do so.
  • Wait, you have to actually bf tofor the pump to work??? But I was just gonna use the pump until she ( I feel like its a she) is like a year old....
  • You can pump to start, but it takes longer for the milk to come in, or so i hear. I pumped after i nursed from day 3 to start stockpiling milk, talk to lactation consultant about just pumping instead of nursing, i think you can.
  • WIC is easy to apply for and get I get it too now that I'm preggfo but they offer classes which are really mandatory to push for breast feeding...I'm totally doing it or at least trying (1st baby) it is really healthy and I want to loose as much weight as I can and BF is a great way to help that plus it can stop u from getting certain cancers...Good luck to all!
  • I'm doing it till I go back to work. Not luck with breast pumps last time and pain in butt. But while not working I love it!
  • Oh good. I am optomistic, cause I started leaking the colostrum I think it is... a week ago... at week 15.... so I hope it'll come in right away.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had my first wic appt Wednesday and the nutritionist told me not to buy a breast pump, they will get me an electric one that I can keep! I'm so excited!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • im nursing again this time. only problem i had was my daughter wasnt bonding with my husband. so we went to la leche league and they gave us a bottle with tubes my husband had to tape to his nipples and nurse her. so i had to pump for him to use. it was different but it worked! my husband is willing to do it again if we need to. but we will see. it is great for ur own nutrition, weight and bonding time with baby.
  • i would go to a group class with the la leche league or something like that for help. wic can also help i think they have classes also. it was great to hang out with other nursing mothers. everyone helps u out. for those first time nursing: u go through more diapers when u nurse.
  • I breast fed both my kids, first one hurt for a couple weeks, but he wasn't latching on right. Second one I got it right and was a little soar for a few days and that was it. Use the Lanolyn cream, and it shouldnt be bad. Plan on it for this third one for sure. Cheaper, best food for baby, and reduces risk of breast cancer.