How many of you actually had your water break before going to the hospital?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
My doctor was telling me only 3% of preg women actually have the water brk on their own before going to the hospital....the doctor broke mine with my first

Comments

• Also how did u know u were in real labor?
  • Both of my previous pregnancies my water broke at home. My 1st child my water literally "busted" my husband thought I peed on myself lol an my 2nd pregnancy it startd as a slow leak then broke all the way b4 goin to the hospital
  • Mine broke with both my pregnancies. Im hoping it does with this one too. My contractions were irregular so I was put on pitocin both times.
  • I'm not going til my water breaks!
  • I did with my 1 st son that's how I knew it was like I was peeing myself a little at a time and with my second contractions and went to the hospital and they stopped soon after but my doc decided to keep me and broke my water
  • Only 1 time out of 4 kids. Lol. You know when your in real labor. You can't get comfortable and you get really grouchy and your hot then cold and your whole belly and lower back start cramping up and its in a regualr pattern.
  • My second I wasn't induced and was at the doc that day and she said I was 4cm and she could feel his head and said it should be tonight and I was...8 pm had my first contraction and could tell it was baby...my water didnt break till his head was out...was in labor 5 he's...easy and quick..one push
  • I also with all mine had a warm feelin in the top of my tummy nurse said it was contaactions
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow, cuz with my first I was trying to go to work I was feeling fine just a little cramping no biggie it didnt start to hurt until they started me on pitocin then I was really feeling it lol
  • edited March 2011
    i was leaking and kept goin to my retarded hospital they kept sending me home and come to find out mine broke but i had six pockets of water so it kept breaking! it broke on the nurses foot who kept sending me home, she apologized and i laughed. it broke on her foot again when i was getting my epidural. thats what she gets
  • i woke up and my water had broke my husband thought id pee'd in the bed. i had to go to the hospital cuz i had group b strep. had to get on iv antibiotics assp. to keep baby from getting the strep.
  • My water broke with my first at 34 weeks because i got up and sat down too hard.
    My water broke with my 2nd when i was 36 weeks because i was carrying laundry up stairs.
    I was dilated 3-4 cm at 38 wks with my 3rd, at my checkup so doc sent me in. It lasted 3hrs all natural cuz i dilated too fast for epidural to work.
  • My water broke at 5in the morning ,, I got up to pee and when I made it back to bed I thought I peed on my self again I started to walk and I flooded the floor
  • Mine broke at home. Thankfullly I was sitting on the toilet when it happened, but it never stopped coming out. It was crazy. I was totally soaked when we got to the hospital.
  • Mine started a slow leak, I just kept feeling like I was peeing myself but I knew I wasn't
  • Both of my pregnancies they broke my water had the hospital. To answer some of the questions above, trust you will know your in labor with or without your water breaking. For my first I had bad contractions so they admitted me. For my second I was induced. For the girl that said she wasn't going until her water breaks.....that might not happen om your own. Everybody is different. Your contractions might be so severe and you may even be dialated and still your water wont break on your own. I hope this helps....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 27 weeks and sometimes when I go to pee in the bathroom I wipe my self as usual and wen I get up to walk ,I get wet little by little on my pants.very embarrassing when I'm out! Is thart normal?
  • With my son I was on the toilet and heard a pop and it just kept gushing I was only 1/2 a cm dilated no contractions so was induced.
  • my water didn't break. they had to break it for me.
  • Out of my 3 sons my water never broke. They had to break it at the hospital
  • This is my fourth pregnancy and my doc had to break my water with the first three
  • I had a dramatic water balloon pop at home on our couch!!! (I ran to the bathroom so fast I didnt get a drop on the couch or floor!!) LOL... My daughter was actually born on her due date!! LOL...