secret delivery?

edited March 2011 in First time moms
this is my first baby n im due friday. my family hasnt really came around until about 2 weeks ago and are expecting to be in the delivery room. im only letting my hunny in. is that offensive? my sister wont even talk to me since i told her my plan. its my choice right? i dont think i should feel bad???

Comments

• i think this is a very special intimate time for you and your spouse. I wouldn't let them guilt you into anything. It's only going to be me and my husband and my sister..but the three of us are really close! (my sister is back up if he passes out!)

I dont think that is offensive...you don't need anymore anxiety in the room anyway! Good luck!
  • I only let my husband in. its something you made together, you should be the first to share it. Then introduce the baby to everyone else, if you choose.
  • @vanalkr i was there for my niece but then again we were very close during her pregnancy. but now during mine she hasnt really been around plus i think we deserve the privacy. thank you for the input:) @snreda i like the way that sounds. i think ill let them know after the fact thank you also:)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im only letting my husband in. We already made a plan that family can come in for about 10 or so minutes to take pictures but then they're out! Its our first child and we need time to bond and enjoy just loving the new baby. Its his family's 4th grandkid so maybe they'll take it easy but we still haven't told them the plan. My husband is planning on telling them this weekend.
  • Just gonna be me and my hubbie. It's up to u hun. If they don't like then tough luck..or get the doctors to kick them out. I think u are only aloud 2 people in the room anyway.
  • If they weren't involved during your pregnancy, then I don't think they have the right to guilt trip you into letting them in the room.
  • I felt the same way, its not about anybody but the three of you. Anyone who thinks they have the "right" to be there is out of line if you ask me. It's a very sacred time you'll live with forever. Make it your moment!
  • If your family have only been involved in the past 2 weeks then I think they have a bloody cheek to suddenly want to get involved.
    It's yours and your other half's special time, do not let other people - who only showed interest when it suited them - dictate what is such a precious magical moment for you 2.
  • thank you ladies. its sad how my family is crawing out from under their rocks now that our baby is almost here. i apprieciate all of your support n back up :) thanks
  • W/ my 1st 3, it was only me & hubby. This one is going to be the same. Mom & I are really close & she always seemed to arrive right as the babies were coming. We shewed her outside each time. BUT she was the 1st to be let in the moment it was through. She wasn't offended as soon as her new grandbaby was placed in her arms.
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • it should be your choice :) and great luck sweetie and congrats!
  • I hate to say it but right now I feel like I only want myself in the room I'm only 18 but through this whole pregnancy I have been the only one who has cared about my baby so I feel like people who have said horrible things about him such as my mom and bd shouldn't be there I want him to come in the world and see somebody who loves him not people who talked bad about him but my mother said if I don't let her in I have to move out of her house
  • @Mommy2_Armani thats awful of her to say such a thing to you. its up to you and i think your going to be under enough stress. geez you would think mothers of all people would understand! im sorry hun i hope things work out for you!
  • My fiance and I only wanted us in the room with our first and it will be the same with this baby. It's your choice! It's such a special moment for you two to welcome your baby into this world.
  • I don't understand what the big deal is and why people want to be in the room while the baby is being born. I mean it's not like the mama to be is going to be doing much socializing, either is in a load of pain or drugged out on pain meds. And lets face it the process isn't very pretty. So why the sudden interest in people standing around staring at a hooha?! It's not like we all offer to be in the room for each other's gynological exams. But as soon as your preggers it's like the most interesting place in the world.

If you don't want people in then don't let them in, if they continue to bother you about it or bring it up demand to know why they want to see you in pain.
  • @mommajan thanx so much I just hope things get better between us b4 he decides to comre so I won't be so upset that she has to come in
  • @Mommy2_Armani that is horrible and instead of threatening you maybe she should be working on your relationship so that you actually want her in the room. If it comes down to it yell the nurse she is upsetting You and They will make her leave.
  • @mom60511 yea that's wat I thought but my mom is the kind of person were its either her way or no way so I'm just trying to stay out of here path of terror until my son comes but the whole thing kind of makes me upset cause wen I decided to keep my baby I thought after she was done being mad that it would bring us a little closer but it didn't
  • Ur choice don't worry about them,u want it and deserve it how u want it to b
  • My mother and.older sister were bullsh#t when I told them I only wanted my hubby in the room, its our moment, our baby, they will have their time and mom already had hers. Theyre still mad and make comments all the time my mom can make me feel bad but my.hubby keeps me.thinking straight! Theyre finally starting to get.used to the idea since my mind is not.changing! You are not.wrong.at all!
  • Just my mom bf and me
  • Ive had this same issue! It makes me SO mad when family or friends get pissed because I dont want them in my room. I think you are able to have anyone in the room you want, whether that be you and your husband or five freakin people its your choice for sure. Either way those people that get mad because they cant be in there will get over it eventually especially if they want to see your baby!
  • Screw them its about you! Don't worry about hurting other peoples feelings this about you and your new family! No one else
  • Its going to be me, my husband and my best friend. My grandma doesnt know that yet I know shes going to feel bad at first but she understands shes great though
  • I honestly feel the birthing process is special & unique. It's a privlage to experience something so great. Only the ones who really cared & supported you throughout your pregnancy, should experience that moment with you.
  • This time it will only be me and my husband, I felt to uncomfortable with my first. My mom his mom and half the NICU were there. This time we are also moving to Washington away from everyone but if they fly in they can stay in the waiting room.
  • I agree with the others, the two of you made this baby by yourself with no one else there, so you should be able to enjoy it that way as well :)
  • edited April 2011
    At the hospital that I had my daughter in, they would only allow one person to be in the room during labor. All others had to hang out in the waiting room...and thankfully they made that policy b/c everyone feels like they should be involved in the delivery experience, but its all about you! I was so happy I had that policy as back up to keep everyone out! Trust me, you will be thankful it was just you two in the end. Stick to your guns! And, check the hospitals policy ;)