have a question not related to pregnancy. if you are judgemental or rude do not comment.

edited April 2011 in Parenting
In June me and my family r going to Disneyworld. I have a 2 year old son that is very hyper, he is constantly on the move, never stays still. I'm scared that when we get there he is going to get really excited, and try to run off and get lost. I will be holding his hand but don't want to hold it so tight that I hurt him. I was thinking about a child leash not the one that go on your back but the one that go around our wrist. What do you guys think?

Comments

• I think that's good.....I think that was the point of them being in HUGE crowds like that. I rather you use that than losing your son.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation! We are going to Hawaii, fortunately this is our first baby.
  • I think you should do what makes you feel comfortable! !!peace of mind is great.
    I want to go on vacation but need to figure something cheap there are 5 of us :( I want a beach!
  • I don't see anything wrong with that at all! I think disneyworld is the perfect place to use one, especially with a 2yr old.
  • I recommended a stroller. my old boss told me his son got tired of walking and was easier to have a stroller then to carry him
  • I used to have one I was worried at first looked like a god lead (guess that's why you where worried about comments) but was so much easyer :) but a tip I found the ones that tie around there body like a harness better as the wrist my lil girl could undoand that hurt huer wrist etc have a gd hol :) xx
  • There a brilliant idea I have one for my son. In a place that big I think you should as will put your mind at rest
  • I have a 4 yr old, he just turned 4 in dec, and for christmas we took him took him to disneyland. Not gonna lie, I used the full on harness. It was very very cute and it made me as a mother feel so much less stressed! I am all for them, id rather know my kid is right there then get caught in a crowd and not be able to find him at all! It was VERY VERY USEFUL! And I didn't care what people thought bc he is my world and I couldn't bare loosing him. It did not hurt him in anyway just kept him close to me at all times. The harness looked like a backpack in the shape of a puppy, and the part that I got to hold onto was the tail of the dog! Soooo cute, and so much better than holding his hand and worrying the whole time!:) I say go for it, or whatever makes you feel more comfortable, its in your sons best interest. :)
  • I tried that it didn't work out so good u can have mine lol
  • Yeah I agree w @newmommy_navywife personally I really don't like the idea of leashes for kids but I'm at Disneyland once a week and there are so many people that I can definitely understand the need for one. Better safe then sorry n who cares what others think especially when it comes to protecting Ur little ones!
  • Another thing I do is put notes in my babies pockets with their name, my name, phone number and address in the event theystill get lost like at fire works, and things like that. And tell them where it is but put another where theydont know it is so theycan give it to whomever might find them. Losing a baby is the worst feeling.
  • Also take a stroller, bc like the other mommy up tere said, kids get tired and if it wasn't for my stroller and harness we wouldn't have lasted an hour there lol, and we spent 3 whole days :)
  • Maybe use a wagon...it would be fun for him to ride in and u can put all your stuff in so u don't have to carry it around.
  • Yup, get a leash. It's sounds like it's best. There's gonna be a whole lotta people there and you'd be surprised how many other children are gonna be "leashed" as well. have fun! :)
  • @boo__chic I think dats a great idea I will do that.
  • Thanks everyone I jus don't want to lose my child, down there and I live in MS.
  • I would def get one of the cute teddy bear harnesses I'm thinking about getting one for my 20 month old because she likes to book it as soon as she's put down.
  • My bf and I feel that in a normal day and place, such as the park or grocery store, that those things are weird and overly controlling.

However anywhere with enough adults to lose sight and enough children to get confused, then yes, use it if you want! We will be for Dland when ours gets old enough :P
  • Love both of the child leash. It's depending on your son which one he likes better.
  • Perfect idea Walmart has one that is a monkey back pack harness and the monkeys tail is the leash I had one for my son used it st the fairs and festivals cute too and I could put some of his stuff in the back pack part
  • @prayin4agurl They've got really cool harness ones that are also a backpack. They've got different animals or characters. Plus u can let him put their own snacks or a toy they want to take. You are being responsible by keeping him close plus he and u have free hands. Clip a carabeaner (spelling? Rock climbing clip) to it and attach to a belt loop!
  • @ashes, yea I agree. I won't use it in small places, because I can control him then.
  • I looked on the internet, and seen some cool ones, I like the character ones monkey, dog etc. I wish I could find a spongebob, toy story or spiderman one.
  • I would get one for my kid. I am over protective tho and like to know that my kids are safe at all times. My 3rd son had a backpack monkey that went on like a backpack and snapped in the front and the tail was a leash so I could hold onto it.